East Midlands Airport - City Center - Welford Road

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Arvski

East Midlands Airport - City Center - Welford Road

Post by Arvski »

Hi folks,

I live in Dublin, Ireland and want to come down to WR for the home games. The nearest airport I believe is East Midlands and there's limited flights as it is.

Does anyone know what transport links are like from the airport - city center - WR?..

Regards, Arvski
icemanburt

Post by icemanburt »

I have taken the bus from East Midlands to city center many times. Here is a link to the timetable
http://www.skylink.co.uk/lei/timetable.php
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I do know there are rail links from Stanstead to Leicester (I catch the Stanstead train in Peterborough and through to Leicester - it goes onto Birmingham). It is run by Cross Country Trains:

www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk

It take 2h 30mins approx. Leicester station to WR is a 10-15 minute walk, no more than that.
Always a Tiger
Arvski

Post by Arvski »

Thanks, I know of the coach from the airport and it seems quite practical however, is St Margarets bus station far from WR. Looking at it on google maps but I can't really tell.

Stanstead to Leicester is fairly convienient too if your coming up from the South. I think I will most likely to fly into EM with Ryanair. tickets to EM seem to be cheaper too.

Sorry, these questions may seem stupid. I was born in Leicester but never lived there!

Arvski
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

The link to EMA will show all travel options.

http://www.eastmidlandsairport.com/emaw ... romAirport
icemanburt

Post by icemanburt »

No worries about the questions. I am from Los Angeles and am learning my way around.

The walk is not bad at all. Leicester is small enough that there is no such thing as a long walk once you are in town

I would get off the coach at St. Nicholas Circle and go straight south. It should be no more that a 15 to 20 minute stroll.
hiraldos
Tiger Cub

Post by hiraldos »

I would say the best way is a bus from East Midlands Airport (think they are every hour) to St Margarets Bus Station then walk to Welford Road (depending on walking speed 20-25 mins ish)

Probably easier just to get Sky!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

St Nicholas Square is a big roundabout with a Holiday Inn in the middle - you can't miss it. From there you go straight down Welford Road until you reach the ground - 15 mins walk.
Always a Tiger
Arvski

Post by Arvski »

Cheers! I was more concerned about getting from St Ms to WR but If it's only a 25 min - I can live with that!

Sky/ TV is easier, but not an option considering Rugby Vs Football coverage!

Regards, Arvski