Sale v Leicester Update

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Gate wrote:Don't like Mr Meyer much, do you, Bill? Never mind - houdt de trouw, I say.
Fear not Gate. I keep the faith in all languages.

Just do not see HM as the great saviour yet! But he may become so!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

same old away day failings for me. lots pf phase ball in the opposition half but with not many points to show for it, mainly due to the customary handling errors, and lots of kicks that fail to find touch or indeed serve any real purpose. and our lineouts are dodgy. and i got lost on the way out and couldn't find my car for ages. i blame meyer for that too.
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
A_Magna_Malc

Carfinder tip, and great drama at Bath and agin at Sale

Post by A_Magna_Malc »

1)Redtiger: I too fear forgetting where I leave my car, but now I have a low-cost GPS which is great for identifying likely on-road parking in places such as Stockport and, once parked up, I store the location of the parking spot and changing the routing option to ‘walking’ so I easily find it afterward (providing I slip the GPS Sat Nav into my coat pocket.)
2) The game Fri 28th Nov v. Sale. Yes we lost, Yes the first half was dire, Yes we kick too much ball and await the counter-attack, and Seru was woefully slow especially on the turn to retrieve Sale’s kicks over the top, and I am still worried about Hougaard’ style of play (but he was good against Quins, but at Sale he reverted to playing deep and kick, kick, kick etc.).
BUT the second half was again dramatic, similar to Bath. Mauger moved to outside half and the Tigers defence and attack was directly in the face of Sale. Confrontation, aggression, intimidation, courage, concentration, commitment, directness. To be there and sense the vibrancy of play that was tense, the worried and ‘edgy’ (Edgeley?) crowd of just under 10,000 added to the tension and Tigers were amazing for 40 minutes.
Of the forwards, Dan Cole again was prominent, Cozza and Kay put lots of work in, great to have Lewis on the pitch. Brett gave way to Newby near the end and must now relinquish the starting shirt (but with Ben Herring soon to return, will Newby start, as Lewis will take 6 and Jordan 8?)
Of the backs, please can we have Tom back, Scott came off the bench to the right wing (Matt moved to centre after Hougaard departed just after half-time) and will be an asset; but Johnne didn’t inspire me, and TV could’ve changed the game when there was oodles of space as Sale had a yellow card at about 65 minutes. Dupuy very fast pass directly off the floor in one movement maintains momentum and Mauger at 10 is excellent.
As we pressed for the equalising try, it seemed as if uncontested scrums would arrive, but surprisingly not. But Sale became Waspish with repeated delays for injuries that attempted to suppress our fire, but no.
Just like Bath, the dramatic moment was the finale, we looked as if we would secure 2 points for a draw when the Sale full-back, Lamont, kicked from his 22 through into undefended territory and kept ahead of Lewis Moody, collected and scored. The end.
Great to be a Tigers supporter. Fantastic evening out. Thanks again to the two teams, the Sale supporters who created a tense atmosphere, and even to Mr Chris White (did I really say that?).
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

redtiger wrote:i got lost on the way out and couldn't find my car for ages. i blame meyer for that too.
Give the man time. He's building up a disciplined squad which plays with pride in the shirt, Rome wasn't built in a day, and we're still missing a parking coach. Just think how much more lost your car would have been this time last year.