CIPRIANI!!!!!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tommy B

CIPRIANI!!!!!!!!

Post by Tommy B »

The new wonder kid? I don't think so!

I am not being biased or anything, he may be good but he aint that good.

I was not very impressed by his perormance today, yes he made two pretty nice breaks but otherwise was rubbish, Arrogant, yes he is too *?!*!?* arrogant, and i am not a fan.

I am by know means saying he cost us the game, but i am saying he didn't help us win the game.

Basically cipriani get over urself, ur not as good as you think u are!!!!!!!!
Got Ur Tiger?
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

Agreed about arrogance. First spotted it back in the spring when he sulked, quite obviously, for the first 50 minutes at full back until someone finally let him have a go at FH.

He might be good, but arrogance will only alienate people!

Mind you, if it wins over Kelly Brook it must be worth it!
#48 FTW :)
Tommy B

Post by Tommy B »

Yes Kelly Brooke must see something in him, don't know what!

But lets be honest she is Australian after all, COINCEDENCE?
Got Ur Tiger?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Quite rightly IMHO he has been given the opportunity.

He has squandered it.

Three more season learning his trade at Wasps and playing for the Saxions and he may be ready.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Kelly Brooke isn't Australian, is she?
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

But then Bill you raise the question of:

If a regular Fly Half for his club isn't ready for International level then is Flood ready to play Fly Half at international level as he is only in his first year of playing the position week in week out.

and...

If neither of these two are who on earth in the GP is? (apart from JW who is injured until after the 6N)
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Tommy B

Post by Tommy B »

Sorry, mistake Kelly Brooke is not australian, but nevermind
Got Ur Tiger?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Kelly is English.

Cipriani having squandered his chances should give way to Flood IMHO.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I don't think Kelly Brook is the answer to England's fly half problem!

However, despite Cipriani playing for Wasps, I think he will probably make a great 10 in the future. But it is far too soon after a serious ankle injury to expect him to play really well at the moment. He wasn't originally expected to be fit to play at all, even for Wasps, until December. He should not have been selected for England until his club form had warranted it.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

With respect Pete, I do not think the ankle injury is the issue. He has talent, that is for sure. But he lacks the maturity and consistancy. He has been given his opportunity. He has been found wanting. Time to give Flood his turn. IMHO.

If all else fails bring back Goode!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I agree that Flood should be selected at the moment, but Cipriani will come good again in time for the six nations. Having said that, I have every respect for Flood, and he could be first choice for quite some time yet. He is easily Tigers best 10.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

We are close in our opinions Pete. Let Flood see if he can deliver on the international stage. Cips has yet to grow up IMHO. Maybe Kelly can help him!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

What Cipriani is failing to do at present is control the game. We are seeing nice touches and glimpses of what he can do, but not consistently enough and as I say, not the management of the game. Not bossing it like Wilko used to.

But to a large extent he will learn to, and the only way to learn international rugby is to play it. Now I'm not saying he should be immune from being dropped, indeed I think that Flood should probably the next game with DC on the bench. But if the management are serious about him being a Major cog in the England setup for the foreseeable future, then they need to show him faith. A bench here, a start there. That goes for all the young kids we've got: Armitage, Flood, Croft, Care et al.

Let's not make the Matthew Tait mistake again.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Maybe put Kelly on the sideline in a cheerleader's outfit? That would inspire Me to great things...
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Or without a cherleaders outfit!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007