Are We Barf's Bitter Rivals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nik
Super User
Super User

Are We Barf's Bitter Rivals

Post by Nik »

The matches between the two sides have always been fiercely competitive but I don't think we've ever considered Barf bitter rivals - however they see us as such.

They are always confident of a win tomorrow:

http://tinyurl.com/6d5uch

What are your thoughts and predictions for tomorrow's match?
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

haha I agree, forgot about Glaws for the moment hahaha wishful thinking more like.....

come on PREDICTIONS FOR TOMORROW PLEASE.....
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I reckon we'll at least give them a run of there money. I would doubt that they'll be more then about 5 points in it either way.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
penfold
Tiger Cub

Post by penfold »

I should think Barf consider Glaws or Brizzle more 'bitter' rivals than us, but from my point of view I grew up and followed Leicester through the Bath rivalry years. The Pilkington Cup finals, that scandalous Lander decision, the other one that lost us the league when they lost at Sale and our drop goal against Quins 'missed', them winning the HEC before we did against a shadow of that Brieve team with all of the silly 'Allez Bath' rubbish, Martin Haag having a running row with fans in the members stand in a Development team game, the Bath riddled establishment overlooking Backy for so long, the list is nigh on endless!

Every time they do well, or even individual players (like Guscott dropping that goal against SA) do well, it makes me cringe. I still see them as the biggest game / rivalry even today, above Saints or Wasps, just because of the 90's I suppose.

I can't stand them (in a sporting fun sense of course, this isn't Football), and always smile when I see them get beat.

Sadly, I think we'll probably get turned over on the weekend, which will put me in a glum mood for a week. :)
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

I have to say penfold if we ever lose at Welford Road my hubby is a nightmare on the 110 mile journey home!!!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

There's no doubt Bath were our bitterest rivals but that's purely because of the rivalry in the 90's. From my perspective Wasps are now definitely the team to beat, except for Northampton of course, as some of us have to work in Northants and the pain of losing is just too much......
Soggypitch
penfold
Tiger Cub

Post by penfold »

Much as the Insects are the team to beat in terms of on pitch quality these days, and Northampton are local, I just can't build quite the dislike of either of them I still have for Barf. I'm not convinced I like switching rivalries depending on who's good right now anyway; there was far more to the Bath thing.

And yeah, I get upset every time we lose too. But it's just magnified against the 'scum' :smt003
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Tigers to win by a squeak.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I am sure we will compete with them up front, especially since we have 13 forwards in the squad but I think the game will hinge on two points. Hougaard has to play well, particularly since he is up against Butch James. That will be an interesting comparison for sure. Second, I am not convinced our backs have an edge offensively or defencively. I would feel a whole lot better with Tuliagi and Rabeni in the team!
Always a Tiger
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

For them it is surely Glaws and for us in the last 10+ year it is surely the insects.
Always a Tiger
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Bath by 13
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

On paper we look the stronger outfit,I'd like to see an old fashioned Tigers,soften 'em up in the front five and let 'em have it in the last quarter.Tigers top of the league on Monday would be just the ticket.