Eng v P.I

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Coby

Eng v P.I

Post by Coby »

Anyone thinking that we are playing well but lacking in leadership and experienced heads? Having said that, Easter the experienced head lacked a fair amount of composure on that kick off!! Cipriani hasnt offered anything, exciting flamboyant or otherwise, weaknesses have been shown. The boys are looking good none the less.
Its No7 nature to never give in, give up or settle for second best.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Lots of positives to be taken, but a few things to work on obviouisly. This is a team in transition, looking to build something and I do think that we can be pretty happy with lots of things. Mears played well, Armitage was really good, Flutey had a decent debut.

DC had a mixed afternoon and certainty wasn't the sensation he was against Ireland, but he'll learn.

6 out of 10 but not bad. A starting platform.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Coby

Post by Coby »

Il definately second that Westy.
Crofty had a good game also.
Its No7 nature to never give in, give up or settle for second best.
hugh78
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by hugh78 »

Noon failed to impress (again).
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

hugh78 wrote:Noon failed to impress (again).
Agreed. Ive always said it. Noon does nothing for our backline, faulters it greatly and slows us down. No wonder there were so many miss passes.

He did nothing except get injured and had his name mentioned about twice...

Armitage or Hipkiss to 13!
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

For those who don't have sky there's highlights on today at five past seven on BBC3
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Tiggers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tiggers »

Croft had an exceptional game, and I was pleased to see Lee Mears get a try, as he definately deserved it.
Delon Armitage, first cap and man of the match. He seemed very impressive, quick offload and strong legs. I except great things from him now, might be a little optimistic of me, but i can't help it :smt001

I was very disappointed with DC as yet again (the italy game in the sixth nations) he got his kick charged down which led directly to a try. Rabeni did well, but Cipriani created a large mistake. However, he scored a great try along with Ugo and their pace looked impressive.

There are areas in which their game needs to improve for the clash against Australia next satuday, although saying that I was very impressed today.
Johno looks like he's done a good job and I'm going to be excited to see this young team develop (hopefully) into being the best team in the world... again :smt003
:)
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

DC = Charged down kick for the try = bad
on hand to score a very good try = good
couple of poor passing decisions = bad
couple of good up and unders = good
caught in possession a few times = bad
didn't give too many hospital balls = good
scored most (all?) of his goals = good

not a great game from him but he still managed to contribute 15 points.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

agreed, thought the back 3 were excellent. good game, enjoyed it.
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
JP
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JP »

I didnt see the game (I live in NZ and havent had sky put in yet) but The Telegraph had Croft down as the worst performance of the day, only rating at a 5 out of 10, is that realistic??????
I am always a little sceptical of these ratings but everything else they put seems to match what others have mentioned on the forum??????

From what I have read Easter and Noon also seem to have had disappointing games, what chance Hipkiss and Crane for the OZ game!!!!!!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Individual efforts from several players were good. Team play same old dross. Both centres way off the game and pace. No real structure or purpose going forward. The Aussies will expose the weaknesses up the middle if they are not sorted out. In mitigation, lack of competitive games probably to blame tho'. Too many penalties given away, against better sides these will be well and truly punished. 6/10 for effort. Tom Croft was robbed of the MOM IMO.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

As much as I hate to say it, Haskell looked good when he came on. Replacing Easter. Will be a good battle with Crane for the 8 shirt it looks like, with Croft being very good at 6 today.

Haskell was very busy and put himself about all over the park. One thing he has which Crane doesnt is dynamism and a turn of pace. Tho I cant wait for Crane to get his chance to show what he can do.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I thought that Care was very good and Harry Ellis will have to up his game to another level if he is to give up his current bench slot.