Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Hougaard - critics eat your pants!

Post by fleabane »

Subject title says it all!

Brilliant kicking from hand put Sharks under constant pressure, goal kicking spot-on, distribution great!
Valhalla I am coming!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

These pants taste like........................ :smt009
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
hugh78
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by hugh78 »

I'd only go with reasonable kicking from hand, goal kicking good (although none of them were top difficulty), distribution average (but against the grain, you can see his brain going kick it,kick it, kick it whenever the ball comes towards him).

However - a definite improvement, Im really hoping it continues and quickly.
Frustrated player

Post by Frustrated player »

I thought he had a good game but lacked the link up with the rest of the back line at times - BUT that will come.
The terrace is not the place for the too easily offended.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

Heard a great chant last night on the Crumbie after he kicked every penalty.....

Hoogey....Hoogey....Hoogey!!
Simmo
generallee

Post by generallee »

I must have been watching another game!!
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

I agree with most, i thought hougaards kicking game was great. One slight issue i noticed from the crumbie though was our back line seemed to be clueless and slow at points. Thought Dupey was a bit slow at getting the ball out sometimes. But it was the first time that backline had played together so give it time i guess.
No8

Post by No8 »

A reasonable game against Sale doesn't make up for the shocker against Blues - I'll be sticking to bacon and eggs, thanks.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Kicking out of hand and goal kicking - good. Agreed.

Otherwise, average or worse. Runs too laterally, doesn't look comfortable going into contact in possession, distribution iffy (miss passes to no-one). There is more to playing No.10 then constantly firing up-and-unders.

To the original poster: if I eat my pants, then you can see my a**e.

:butthead:
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Depite the victory, I thought last night's display was complete rubbish.

Hougaard's 'tactical' kicking seemed to consist of smashing the ball as far downfield as possible, and very very rarely finding touch from open play. His goal kicking was fine though.
To be fair to him, he was no worse than most of the players on display (and that's accounting for both sides) but there was a complete lack of invention across the pitch and that's ultimately what a fly-half is for.

I have never seen a game with 50 points scored which has been so mind-numbingly dull.

Utter tosh.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Tiggers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tiggers »

A definate improvement from last week on his goal kicking.
hopefully he can build on this and be the fly-half that we expect him to be :smt001
:)
Frustrated player

Post by Frustrated player »

maskedsquid wrote:Depite the victory, I thought last night's display was complete rubbish.

Hougaard's 'tactical' kicking seemed to consist of smashing the ball as far downfield as possible, and very very rarely finding touch from open play.

I have never seen a game with 50 points scored which has been so mind-numbingly dull.

Utter tosh.
Unfortunately watching SH rugby you soon realise that this is the way the ELV's are turning the game in general

I for one was ready to leave with 20 to go, due to a combination of cold, boredom, pregnant wife and yobbish football fans fron Sale. I NEVER leave early and NEVER get offended by others on the terrace but the Sale fans aroun us were awful, couple that with a boring game......

:smt022
The terrace is not the place for the too easily offended.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Re: Hougaard - critics eat your pants!

Post by dailywaffle »

fleabane wrote:Subject title says it all!

Brilliant kicking from hand put Sharks under constant pressure, goal kicking spot-on, distribution great!
Largely disagree.

Goal kicking was exemplary, as were his touchfinders, but his in-field kicks were poor and were only made good by a Sale team that I have previously described as 'garbage'.

Distribution was not great, but you cannot judge a FH in isolation. Another 9-10-12-13 combination that did not look cohesive, allied to which Ben Youngs struggled when he came on. Hougaard seemed to drift deeper due to (possibly) a lack of confidence in Youngs' service, which meant that any fluency in midfield was lost.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Having seen Hougaards performance against the Blues on TV he lived up to what I expect, poor, he wasn't even the best No.10 at the Bulls. The return of Mauger for the International period is extremly important to give the back line a chance to function.

Anyone who argues that Flood isn't our No.1 FH now is living in La La Land.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Headers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Headers »

Agree with every one kicking was boring game was dull you could tell the game did not matter shame really
!!!!!

Nice to see Mad Dog back
is growing bonsai a big thing