Novel funding for Lewis

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GS
Super User
Super User

Novel funding for Lewis

Post by GS »

Over the past months questions have asked about Lewis Moody’s cost to the club and the amount of games he actually plays in. I can reveal that in an attempt to recover some of the costs of Lewis’s treatment and employment there will be a new scratch card on sale. In addition to the regular ‘Try Time’ cards the attractive young ladies will also be selling ‘Moody Moments’ scratch cards.

These will differ from the Try Time tickets by having three scratch panels, giving the punter three times the fun. The first panel will have a time for the first penalty Lewis gives away and the second will be the time when he is helped from the pitch injured and no longer able to play. The third and final panel will be to predict how long he will then be unavailable for selection.

The club would like to take this opportunity to deny rumours that to save costs they have only printed cards that go up to 10 minutes for the leaving the pitch injured time. They have made cards available for the WHOLE of the first half.

Please help the club to afford Lewis and spend freely. This is a first in Rugby, and professional sport as a whole and was on the verge of being rolled out last season before one A Goode left to join Brive. The cards were printed and ready with prediction panels for how many attempts it would take before he found touch and the timing of the kick.

If you have any suggestions for other cards to support players please let the club know. The obvious one of when Wasps will go to uncontested scrums has already been considered, as has how long it will be before Julian belts someone. The timing of when Tom V will get a pass out on the wing is on hold as he is not a first team regular at the moment.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

This is either a funny tongue-in-cheek post, or you're a bit of a prat.

I hope it's the former.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
gooders060981
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by gooders060981 »

Clearly tongue in cheek
Geordan Murphy for England
Alatoruk

Post by Alatoruk »

maskedsquid wrote:This is either a funny tongue-in-cheek post, or you're a bit of a prat.
or both
gooders060981
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Novel funding for Lewis

Post by gooders060981 »

GS wrote:Over the past months questions have asked about Lewis Moody’s cost to the club and the amount of games he actually plays in. I can reveal that in an attempt to recover some of the costs of Lewis’s treatment and employment there will be a new scratch card on sale. In addition to the regular ‘Try Time’ cards the attractive young ladies will also be selling ‘Moody Moments’ scratch cards.

These will differ from the Try Time tickets by having three scratch panels, giving the punter three times the fun. The first panel will have a time for the first penalty Lewis gives away and the second will be the time when he is helped from the pitch injured and no longer able to play. The third and final panel will be to predict how long he will then be unavailable for selection.

The club would like to take this opportunity to deny rumours that to save costs they have only printed cards that go up to 10 minutes for the leaving the pitch injured time. They have made cards available for the WHOLE of the first half.

Please help the club to afford Lewis and spend freely. This is a first in Rugby, and professional sport as a whole and was on the verge of being rolled out last season before one A Goode left to join Brive. The cards were printed and ready with prediction panels for how many attempts it would take before he found touch and the timing of the kick.

If you have any suggestions for other cards to support players please let the club know. The obvious one of when Wasps will go to uncontested scrums has already been considered, as has how long it will be before Julian belts someone. The timing of when Tom V will get a pass out on the wing is on hold as he is not a first team regular at the moment.
So what do we win then?
Minty

Post by Minty »

how about,

How long until White tries to Smack someone.

How long until TV avoids a Tackle.

How long until someone can get Danny Hipkis down with a tackle.

or

how long until you get served at the bar

:smt003
gooders060981
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by gooders060981 »

How about how long it is before the club let us know about a new signing, injuries or anything else that is crucial to the game and club
sjwoodman

Post by sjwoodman »

Brilliant! Brought a much needed smile to my face! :smt003 :smt003
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Ah, at least the Geordies have a sense of humour, and thanks to the others who got it. For a minute I thought I was going to have to go back to making 'phone calls to aging actors to get a laugh.

No prizes listed gooder - all proceeds go towards Lewis's wedge, or his next operation. :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
hiraldos
Tiger Cub

Post by hiraldos »

Well said GS - agree with all of your serious points made in gest!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I much enjoyed it! Could not think of anything to add!!

I think there ought to be prizes though. One of Lewis's discarded plaster casts - autographed? He ought to have enough to last for several seasons!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
mini

Post by mini »

Yeah.

He got them playing for the club. Putting his body on the line.

Good to see you back Lewis, from me.
GrumpyDad

Post by GrumpyDad »

What about, how many minutes of the match TV can keep his shirt clean, obviously it might have only high numbers in the raffle book :smt002