Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Abendanon out

Post by Bill W »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 689351.stm

Delon Armitage too big a risk. So Cips at FB and Flood at fly half.
Last edited by Bill W on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
billy_hyslop

Post by billy_hyslop »

thats a good selection! however with it being likely that flutey starts at inside centre, it would be good to see cips at fly half to fully utilise what seems to be a good partnership at wasps, however my heart is saying crack flood in at fly half! we need some representation in the team! hopefuly crofts form will put him ahead of haskell for the 6 shirt aswell, as haskell has put in some DIRE performances so far this season!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

So was he injured already when he joined the squad, or did he pick up an injury in training?
The Cat

Post by The Cat »

Apparently he's had this toe injury for a while , but either it's got worse or the England medical staff think it more serious than the Bath medics .
Lancastrian by birth, a Sandgrounder by the grace of God
masopa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by masopa »

As I've mentioned in another thread, we need to bear in mind players cannot start all four tests (as one of them is outside the international window).

Therefore I honestly can't see Cips starting against the PIs. I can see him coming on in the second half, especially if it starts to open up, but to play him (bearing in mind he's still not quite 100%) would be too limiting for our future matches where we're really likely to need him for 80 in each.