Lewis Moody

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nic

Lewis Moody

Post by Nic »

Has anyone any idea how much LM has cost the club per game over recent seasons?

I am a huge fan of him and his playing style, but I get the feeling he may just hit form for the 6 nations and Lions tour,with the real possiibility of injury preventing end of season Tigers business or a delay to next season like this year.

He seems to have played very few games for us,whilst we let the likes of Luke Abraham move on.

Is LM giving value for money now and in the future?
gooders060981
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by gooders060981 »

Probably not, but thats the risk you take for having the best. I am pretty sure he doesnt get injured on purpose and he only gets injured because he give it his all every game, a lesson Tom Varndell could do with
Geordan Murphy for England
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

I think we have been here before with injured players. Lewis is a huge benefit as a player and brings a different attacking presence the team's game.
Injuries happen but if they can be overcome and Tigers medical team are excellent at doing this we get to retain some of the most influencial players out there. You could have asked the question about Alex, Harry or any number of others.
The fact remains that injuries happen in rugby if they didn't or if the club wasn't prepared to deal with them they wouldn't have medical staff on the books either and would just throw any injured player out. They don't and I for one am very glad they don't.
Welcome back to fitness Lewis, hope you have a blinder Friday night.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
billy_hyslop

Post by billy_hyslop »

moody is a tigers legend, and a fan favourite to many of the welford road contingent! if they even thought about releasing him there would be uproar from the fans!

however you have a very strong point about his injuries, but if he didnt give his all he wouldnt be such a tremendous player. he puts his club before his own body and althought it often has negative affects as hes sidelined for months at a time, he wont be thinking that on the pitch
gooders060981
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by gooders060981 »

billy_hyslop wrote:moody is a tigers legend, and a fan favourite to many of the welford road contingent! if they even thought about releasing him there would be uproar from the fans!

however you have a very strong point about his injuries, but if he didnt give his all he wouldnt be such a tremendous player. he puts his club before his own body and althought it often has negative affects as hes sidelined for months at a time, he wont be thinking that on the pitch
Hear hear!
Geordan Murphy for England
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

jgriffin wrote: My only worry is he may not fit with the new conservatism........
Let's hope he doesn't! Then his enthusiasm to play the game might rub off on a couple of other players...
It's only cheating if you get caught.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

speaking personally I can't wait to see him in action again on Friday. Welcome back, Lewis!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Having watched the Cardiff match on the telly,we looked full of good usefull players,but where was the "maverick",the "playmaker"(aka Austin"strictly" Healy type of character).Well that was Lewis Moody,let's hope he continues where he left off and inspires those around him.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

And doesn't give too many penalties away!!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Frustrated player

Post by Frustrated player »

Personnally I can't wait to see him back in action.
I played with him many years ago and he was great to have in your side and lifted you everytime he stepped onto the pitch, I'm sure he still does this and I for one will be cheering from the terrace (along with my worryingly overly zealous wife!).
The terrace is not the place for the too easily offended.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

I think there was a 5 year Period ethier sied of the 2003 world cup where Moody palyed more games for England then Tigers.

But that said good luck Mad dog i do so much enjoy watching you play.
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Role out another BillW myopic comment;
And doesn't give too many penalties away!!!!
Hasn't for many seasons now, biggest penalty count for a few seasons has probably been Corry or White I would say.

Anyway, an openside who doesn't give penalties away is as much use as Anne Frank's drumkit!
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
Pinot Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pinot Tiger »

Lewis is immense and frankly the type of player you pay your entrance fee to see. I don't think it is just Tigers' fans pleased to see him back, I think England followers will roar him back too. Everyone loves a 110 percenter.

Probably his toughest ask tomorrow will be the ELVs having not played a competitive game under them - at least not with a man and a whistle in charge.

Good luck to him, it's brilliant to see him back. God help the bod under the first high ball :smt003
To Toulouse and beyond...