Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

No surprises there then?
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

More Tigers stay with Tigers the better!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Frustrated player

Post by Frustrated player »

I just hope he takes this for the kickstart his needs.
The terrace is not the place for the too easily offended.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

If they bolster the B squad then Matt Smith may be expecting a call up.
Easty

Post by Easty »

On a slight tangent from the original post, does the inclusion of Tim Payne & Phil Vickery mean that Wasps will be starting with uncontested scrums?
To The Board ~ you have one season to prove you've got this decision right. More than you gave Marcelo
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

No they have Tom French and Pat Barnard ooh and they also have ex Tiger Michael Holford so there is no reason why they would do that.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Nice one Easty!

I think that if you are unable to start with a full front row both on the park and on the bench you cede the match!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Alatoruk

Post by Alatoruk »

HC rules require you to name 10 front row players in your 38 squad so they should still have plenty left over. (pity the rules dont make you play them).

correction rules require you to name 5 of them in 22.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Bill W wrote:Nice one Easty!

I think that if you are unable to start with a full front row both on the park and on the bench you cede the match!!!
Correction. You must start with five front row players in total on the park and on the bench.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
hiraldos
Tiger Cub

Post by hiraldos »

I think it's probably time for Varndel to find a club that will give him the ball. Tigers are damaging his career at the moment and the sooner they let him off to Irish or Bath the better it will be for him. I think he's a class player and will be sad to see him go.
Iain D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Iain D »

Much as I admire TV as a player as well, I think there's more to it that him just not getting the ball.

When you're playing the game, you tend to know where your strike runners and dangerous players are. Your fly half especially knows who he wants to get the ball to, and will engineer ways to do that. The fact that TV isn't seeing a lot of the ball is quite telling to me. I don't know what is going on at training, but something must be happening thats for sure. Furthermore, its not just that he isn't getting the ball, he's not even getting on the pitch.

Maybe its the new addition to his family. Maybe its a confidence thing.. maybe it could be any number of reasons already discussed on numerous threads. One thing is for sure, he's not at his dangerous best at the moment. We know it, MJ knows it, HM knows it, his team mates know it, and he probably knows it too.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

chinnjamie wrote:If they bolster the B squad then Matt Smith may be expecting a call up.
Why? he has just hit a good run of form in his first season on the top flight - there are wingers well ahead of him at the moment - Miles Benajmin being the most prominent choice.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

SAD

Post by smalldell »

I think TV is a class act and having been demoted and shipped out once by PH I doubt he will want to go through it again. In a side that likes to exploit their wingers attacking talents TV will be a star.

Said I think Tigers start from a position of defence first and this holds him back....We will see, hopefulyy on Saturday against Cardiff...
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Bill W wrote:Nice one Easty!

Small correction as there is a difference for Guinness and Heineken.

Guinness - 2 Front row players to be on the bench.

Heineken - each front row position must be covered - 3 on the bench
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk