Geordan Murphy - Mr Consistency?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Geordan Murphy - Mr Consistency?

Post by Tigerbeat »

Geordan has had a very good start to the season in my opinnion.

He is so confident and appears to be in command when taking the high kicks. His awareness of spaces on the field has been good and his runs have set up some good attacking phases.

He has to be one of the first players on my team sheet - will be be on the Ireland team sheet when the next team is announced.

What are your thoughts?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

My thoughts are that I would like Mr Kidney to keep his grubby hands off Geordan so we can keep him all to ourselves. :smt003

But GM is in the form of his life at the moment and I would think he is (currently) 1st choice fullback for Ireland.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
deema1

Post by deema1 »

Confession time, i thought the one player who would struggle this season is Geordan. However, the confidence and strength he has shown is superb. I'll eat my words, keep it up Mr Murphy.
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

My mum fancies him and also appreciates him as an outstanding rugby player.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

He was superb last season but simply awesome this.

And no, I'm not Barmy Bamford's Mum!
NorthantsTiger

Post by NorthantsTiger »

Geordan is in excellent form this season and at his best has always been among the best counter attacking fullbacks anywhere in world rugby. This season he is on fire with some lovely steps, the ability to create space from nothing, and running such good lines that his back line colleagues are able to capitalise. He surely has to be the number one contender for the Ireland shirt and in this form the number one for the starting Lions shirt.

:smt001
"In Arduis Fidelius"
Ulster

Post by Ulster »

Georden will not be on the Ireland 15 but may get into the 22 againest Canada. Girvan Dempsey and Rob Kearney are both better players in my view, and i'm not a leinster man. Geordan has let Ireland down to many times
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Kearney is also in electric form.
epaddy

Post by epaddy »

Geordan is no doubt a tremendous talent, but just makes too many big mistakes at international level. He is behind the Leinster two at the moment, but its nice to have him as 3rd choice, if only Ireland had that sort of depth at prop and outside half.
Jerry Hat-trick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Jerry Hat-trick »

Ireland are more than welcome NOT to select Geordan. Their loss is our gain. :biggrin:
bandido58

Post by bandido58 »

If the 'Leinster two' are playing better than geordie then I'm off down the bookies in the morning to get my spendo on Leinster for the double!!!

The last few games Geordan has been in awesome form.

His problem as far as Ireland is concerned is the 'sublime talent syndrome' namely that he tries things others just wouldn't think of and when they don't come off it looks worse at international level.

Much as it wouldn't be fair on Geordie, I for one would welcome him not being picked for Ireland, giving tigers his services for a whole season.
once a tiger always a tiger
Ulster

Post by Ulster »

bandido58 wrote:If the 'Leinster two' are playing better than geordie then I'm off down the bookies in the morning to get my spendo on Leinster for the double!!!

His problem as far as Ireland is concerned is the 'sublime talent syndrome' namely that he tries things others just wouldn't think of and when they don't come off it looks worse at international level.

Much as it wouldn't be fair on Geordie, I for one would welcome him not being picked for Ireland, giving tigers his services for a whole season.
You obviously haven't watched Rob Kearney during the summer tour down under or Keith Earls at fullback lately (for munster in ML)
epaddy

Post by epaddy »

bandido58 wrote:If the 'Leinster two' are playing better than geordie then I'm off down the bookies in the morning to get my spendo on Leinster for the double!!!

I agree, not tackling french men is something the others dont tend to think of. BOD is a player of greater talent, but he seems to fit in ok.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Well, for Geordan's sale I'd love him to be picked for Ireland.

For our sake, I'd love him to stay with us!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
bandido58

Post by bandido58 »

epaddy wrote:

I agree, not tackling french men is something the others dont tend to think of. BOD is a player of greater talent, but he seems to fit in ok.

BOD is indeed a great talent but is a totally different player to Geordan.
My point about Geordie trying things others wouldn't concerns his lines of running and counter-attacking which IMHO is second to none in the NH at the moment.
once a tiger always a tiger