Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Agree also.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Frustrated player

Post by Frustrated player »

Motion is passed then that GM is now no longer allowed to play for Ireland unless not needed by Tigers.
The terrace is not the place for the too easily offended.
hoopius froodicus

Post by hoopius froodicus »

here here (or is it hear hear I'm not sure) and such noises
I know towels are too small to be togas
AOR

Post by AOR »

i remember talking to one of my mates whose Irish and a Leinster support and he said that he has always had a suspicion that the Irish management team tend to be biased against Irish players who don't play for irish clubs.

not sure if it's true but thought it was worth saying
gooders060981
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by gooders060981 »

AOR wrote:i remember talking to one of my mates whose Irish and a Leinster support and he said that he has always had a suspicion that the Irish management team tend to be biased against Irish players who don't play for irish clubs.

not sure if it's true but thought it was worth saying
I have always thought the same myself, Shane Jennings was never really considered when he played for us but now he plays for Leinster its a very different story. Lets just hope GM doesnt want to play for Ireland more then Leicester otherwise we could see him off to Leinster etc.
Geordan Murphy for England
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

gooders060981 wrote: Lets just hope GM doesnt want to play for Ireland more then Leicester otherwise we could see him off to Leinster etc.
Most unlikely. EOS mounted counsiderable pressure on Geordan to play for one of the Irish Regions. For personal reasons and the fact that it would have meant taking a pay cut he withstood such pressure, essentially saying that if staying with Tigers meant he did not play for Ireland then so be it!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Bill W wrote:There would appear to be complete agreement between the Irish Fans and the Tigers Fans.

Geordan should not be selected for Ireland neither on the park nor in the squad.

He should play for Tigers.
Whilst I personally couldn't give a damn about the fortunes of the Irish side, I am pleased for any of our players that wear their national team's colours. So I guess I'm out of line with most on here.

On the subject of Geordan's abilities. He has been, consistently, the best 15 in the GP for some years. He does have great skill, is better than ever under the high ball, and does indeed have magic in his boots. However, he is still a defensive turnstile one-on-one and has lacked a top gear ever since his leg break. Weaknesses that, at the very highest level, count against him. I can see why he is not a shoo-in for the Irish spot.
Tiggers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tiggers »

Well i don't know any irish full backs who are as consistent and fantastic as Geordan.
They may not want to use a player who doesn't play for their country, but in Geordans case I think they will have to make an exception :smt001
:)
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

"Well i don't know any irish full backs who are as consistent and fantastic as Geordan."

Girvan Dempsey? Rob Kearney?

The reality of the situation is that Geordan's apparent good form hasn't been noticed in Ireland, and it's because we have been watching the majority our other outside backs, playing regularly in the Magners League and Heineken Cup, who are in great form. From 11 to 15, there is Kearney, Dempsey, Shane Horgan, Luke Fitzgerald, BOD, Tommy Bowe, Keith Earls, Ian Dowling and Fionn Carr. I'm sure you'll all be happy to note that Geordan just doesn't fit that group anymore, and that the vast majority of Irish fans want to see 11. Bowe; 12. BOD; 13. Fitzgerald; 14. Horgan; 15. Kearney when the All Blacks come to ton in November.
Jesus said to John, "come forth and I'll give you a eternal life". John came fifth and won a toaster
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

*or maybe Earls in ahead of Horgan, or Dempsey at 15, with Rob on the wings.

Either way, the Irish backs will come from the names I gave before - and that means no room for Geordan
Jesus said to John, "come forth and I'll give you a eternal life". John came fifth and won a toaster
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Good.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Well as long as you don't put Geordie on the bench, you can happily keep Girv The Swerve...
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

STAY WITH US GEORDIE!

They can have Dempsey and Kearney. We will happily enough keep you here! The less internationals we give up the better!

Oh and by the way, Keith Earls is not ready for 1st class rugby. He has the talent, pace and skill, but he is still learning and from what i have seen, is susceptible to making errors under pressure, something Ireland are apparently hot on with regards to our Murph.
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

Bill W wrote:Good.
My thoughts exactly. You'd imagine number of caps + level of hype = perfomances on the pitch. Somewhere along the line it doesn't add up for poor Geordan. He has the caps, he has the hype, he has........ oh wait!

O'Sullivan never got the best out of Murphy but only Geordan is responsible for missing tackles, having passes intercepted in the 22 and kicking balls straight into touch.

Earls won't play 15 for Ireland, but Darc Tiger, haven't you just hit the nail on the head? And that's with regards to Murphy?