feedback from the crumbie

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

billybudd
Top Cat
Top Cat

feedback from the crumbie

Post by billybudd »

Sorry to bring a dampener onto the feel good of the win , but here go's. Two points to raise:

1. Breast feeding on the terrace, seemed to appall the ladies near me , what's the story there?

2. Parents allowing kids to bring plastic stacking boxes to stand on. That has to be a huge danger to them and everyone near them, any kind of movement and ooops! Get them at the front , or tough I guess?

No stewarding of either issue....discuss
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Billy, if you have real concerns with the issues that you have stated, it would get a better response if you write into the Club.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

1: I was drinking on the terrace so don't see why a small child should not partake of their fav tipple.

2: Children have been standing on boxes/crates/other children for years -yet to see anyone hurt themselves.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I'm a woman and breast feeding,done discreetly, would not "appal" me, the ladies toilets aren't exactly suited for that purpose and there are not any other places to go that are any better, as far as I know.
The little kids round where I stand have always had boxes or stools to stand on so they can see over the barrier, never known anyone complain about that before.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

Fail to see the problem... :smt017
I'm the one in the Tigers shirt on the 22. You can't miss me...!
billybudd
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by billybudd »

a solid bet..
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

billybudd wrote:a solid bet..
--------------------------------------------

What is...?
I'm the one in the Tigers shirt on the 22. You can't miss me...!
mini

Post by mini »

Feed 'em when they're hungry!Better than a crying infant? Surely parents responsibility to keep children safe on their box, why worry. Can see they could be a trip hazard when not in use, though.

OK. My gripe;
I was standing in front of a guy who thought he had to shout 'Tigers' LOUDER than anyone else (Personally hope his vocal chords have exploded!!) Support, yes....this, tedious :smt015 :smt015 :smt015

Clubhouse end of Crumbie.
jonnyatom5

Post by jonnyatom5 »

I'd have to question bringing a baby to a rugby match. It was very loud in the crumbie, which I love, but for small ears it could have been harmful. I'm all for the family atmosphere, but I feel babies are a tad young. That said it's up to the parents if they wish to subject their children and still forming ear drums to that amount of noise.

Breast feeding? Why ever not? It's the most natural drink in the world, sitting marginally in front of Guinness. I did have to laugh at the Little Britain 'Bitty' sketch though. I wondered if there was a 34 year old bloke in his Tigers shirt leaning over and saying 'Bitty please' to the woman next to him.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Kids and tots?

Sounds like the Wasps backs.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Fancy shouting "TIGERS" loudly - and at Welford Road of all places - some people have no manners- don't they realise some people are trying to sleep - no consideration!
Jasperthetiger

Post by Jasperthetiger »

To Mini:

I don't understand how you can criticise someone for wanting to support the team. You don't want to cheer on the Tigers? Fine, but stop grumbling at those who do.
Tigers: They're GGggggggggrrreeeat!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

BelperJon wrote:
Kinoulton wrote:Kids and tots?

Sounds like the Wasps backs.
:smt017 :smt017 :smt017 Didn't read like this a short while ago. Methinks the phantom editor has been at work again.
Indeed. My original post was mildly smutty!

Went you think what Wogan gets away with at 7:30 in the morning on national radio. Yet round here you can't even refer to a small blue bird.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

C'mon Kin, you know you weren't referring to a bird! That particular word is actually in the censor list I think, I could "un-censor" it but why?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
A.J.P.
Tiger Cub

Post by A.J.P. »

mini wrote:Feed 'em when they're hungry!Better than a crying infant? Surely parents responsibility to keep children safe on their box, why worry. Can see they could be a trip hazard when not in use, though.

OK. My gripe;
I was standing in front of a guy who thought he had to shout 'Tigers' LOUDER than anyone else (Personally hope his vocal chords have exploded!!) Support, yes....this, tedious :smt015 :smt015 :smt015

Clubhouse end of Crumbie.
you must have been standing more or less next to me then. it sounded like his chords had been ripped to shreds by the end of the second half. the important thing is that we drowned out the ospreys fans in the clubhouse whenever they got sparked up, so i wouldn't like to start moaning about men with loud voices. although he sounded a bit like a dying swan at times...

all part of the deal if you stand on the terrace in my opinion and if you're really bothered, either sit in the A&L or get Sky Sports at home.