Terrace Morons!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Terrace Morons!

Post by chipnchase »

Well last Friday it was the swearing, dribbling, aggressive drunk yobs tonight ladies and gentleman Ive found a new bread of 'terrace moron'..... 'The brain dead ignorant'!

Yes that's right a man, woman or teenager that goes and stands on the terrace, quit clearly has no idea whats going on in the game but enjoys voicing his opinions constantly for the entire game whilst his side kick daughter rabbits on as loudly as possible about who is the 'fittest' Jordon or Tom, but then again actually Ben's pretty fit when hes angry! Before then declaring that she's 'bored' after only 25 Min's.
Maybe in future i should take a gag and a copy of smash hits magazine to keep these socialites entertained! And then whilst trying to watch the game his Mrs starts up (again as loudly as possible) about the problems they had parking the 4x4 because there was to many cars around the area and yet they'd arrived one hour before kick off really pushed my limits.

I then had to leave at half time to move to the other end of the terrace where the gobby ':censored: hole football fan styleeeeee Saints fans proceeded to spend 40 minutes thinking Chris White was 100% against them (i can only imagine one of them must have head butted his first born to create such a example of refereeing).

If the ELV's are attracting these types of 'fans' to the game give me a drunken moron who actually knows whats going on any day of the week!

Sadly i think rugby is now becoming a circus and where the 'real' football fan was forced out of the game for the rich brain deaders rugby is slowly sliding in the same direction.

Rugby Union, Its true life long followers and the games cadamarteri: RIP 2008
deema1

Post by deema1 »

Sorry, but have to so disagree. I witnessed, was abused and put up with the style of fan last week, however, tonight, it felt so different. Whether it be Tigers or Saints fans, we were surrounded by passion, knowledge, but above all else, people who came to watch the great game. You will always get the fan who really isn't interested, but do they offend? Not if we really focus on whats going on on the pitch. Lets just celebrate a win where we have finally (hopefully!!!)seen the way forward.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

In the nicest possible way JGriffin... Whats ya ramble mate? haha
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

good travelling saints fans are the usual - there was a bunch near us in the A&L stand who were extatic when they scored and gracious in defeat - how it should be and a credit to their sport.
deema1

Post by deema1 »

Too true. Looking forward to the away game.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I was chatting with a Saints fan on the crumbie, he got cut off from the rest I think, there with his girlfriend, back of the terrace, near the halfway line, had a good chat and both had similar opinions of CW. Handshake at the end, good humoured banter throughout - he was just chuffed Saints were back in the premiership and "surprising a few people", the other Saints fans I saw/heard were top class too, credit to the club and rugby - pests learn a lesson!!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

Many Tigers fans are a bunch of hypocrites. Don't make any noise during kicks, apart from ridiculous patronising shushing noises, but walk out early in their thousands disturbing Flood as he takes a kick, and shout cheat at the opposition in their thousands. Oh, but we are lovely and quiet during kicks aren't we? I think it is a nice tradition to be quiet during kicks, but the patronising :censored: from the announcer allied with supporters other supposedly acceptable behaviour is just ridiculous.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Shouting Cheat in the thousands when angry that you have paid hundreds of pounds on season tickets only to be cheated out of a reasonable spectacle by a cynical manipulation on the safety laws, may just bring about much needed change. I will be proud if that is the case - also proud of silence at kicks but at the same time happy to give the opposition plenty of stick to ensure our home advantage - that is the whole point of a home crowd.

I NEVER leave early irrespective of the score. I don't feel hypocrtical.

But I will shout cheat again at any team trying the unopposed scrummage nonsense on again. Vickery could have gone back on again (he played last night after all), and I have have got back into scrummages and played many more minutes than he had too with a lot worse injuries - It is cheating and what's more they know it!!
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

SHH!

Post by jack »

Johnnyg, the announcer is attempting to educate those who either have no manners or to show those who have never been to a match how we behave. I have attended matches at grounds where no respect is shown to kicker and I know which I prefer.
As regards the "Cheats" just look at the records, see the statistics regarding a certain club and their front row problems - what conclusion would you rdaw?
Yes, I know. Wasps are very unlucky and injury prone in the front row. Frankly they know when they are about to be swatted! Julian was about to swat. BUT injury prevented for the umpteenth time. That why folks get upset.
Tigers - true Champions!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I know some people have to leave early, especially during a night match, as many travel long distances and have trains or buses to catch which won't wait.

As for shushing - I fail to see why trying to ensure that everyone respects both kickers is "hypocritical".
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

After parking me 4x4 in the only disabled space left, me and the wife and kid walked into the Caterpillar Stadium and found a handy spot to stand and drink. We was surprised to see so many players on the pitch when the game started, me wife counted 30 instead of the usual 22.

As things got going I got more and more angry - goals were being scored when I could easily see that the ball was over the bar, and the diving was a disgrace. I let the ref know, believe me. The kid was so fed up she wanted to go home after 20 minutes, but me wife pointed out the fit blokes to her and she started to enjoy it a bit more, but couldn't decide who she'd be most up for.

Enjoyed lots of food and beer at half-time, and 30 minutes later found our spot again. Had to push some ignorant b**gers out of the way and then got told to shush when another goal was missed. We was all fed up then, so pushed to the front and left.

And guess what, some other ignorant b**ger had parked his car so close to mine we couldn't get out. The orange badge in his car said he wouldn't be back for an hour so we just drove over his bonnet and went home. It took nearly 20 minutes to get the 1 mile home, what's the world coming to?

:smt002
Spanker
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Spanker »

Lets get things in perspective here. You will always, always, get idiots at any big gathering of people but I don't think the average rugby fan is turning in to knuckle scraping football thug. Some have no clue as to what is going on and are only there for the beer. However they will a) either soon get bored and realised the entrance fee will by them lots more beer if they went straight to the pub or b) learn from the good folk around them, of which there are probably about 16,900 at home games. I attended a football match recently, with my Mum (and thank god I didn't take my young daughters) and the level of vitriol, ignorance, hatred, would not be tolerated in any other level of society. I couldn't imagine going to Sainsbury's and chanting to someone I didn't like the look of "You're gonna get your effing head kicked in!" without there begin some serious repercussions. Rugby fans, even ignorant ones, are not anywhere near the level of pond-life like that. (I should interject that thanks to a very kind WPC we were able to move our seats as to not be near those idiots)

Also yes some people will leave early, I have done so myself on occassion. I have also stayed for hours after the game chewing the fat with away fans. Does it matter either way? I can appreciate that if you have to leave your seat / place on the crumbie, you need to cause as little disturbance to others as possible but I don't think we should judge anyone on doing so.

The spirit of rugby is alive and well at WR, and other venues across the country, don't worry about a v. small minority.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Johnny you are either smoking something extreamly strong or i can only assume your not a tigers fan because your post doesnt happen to make all that much sense. How can the big voice and the crowd asking people to be quiet prior to a penalty be a bad thing. Try going to Kingsholm and you will see the difference. You get a mixture of "same old tigers", constant booing and strange donkey noises. Me, i would prefer to sit or stand with the large majority of supporters at welford road.Would also like to say i thought Saints fans were top drawer last night.