Is viagogo working for you?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crumbie Fan

Is viagogo working for you?

Post by Crumbie Fan »

Due to the, in my opinion, misguided decision to scheduled the Wasps game for 8pm tonight, I will be unable to attend. However I thought I would be able to sell my ticket buy listing it on viagogo but because the game wasn’t declared sold out it wasn’t even available for sale.
Can someone explain the logic of this to me, how does this help someone buying a ticket just before the game starts? Wouldn’t it be better for tickets on viagogo to be available for sale immediately they are listed? This would leave more standard tickets to be sold to people turning up on spec. Looks like viagogo is going to be a complete waste of time for me.
While I’m on the subject of match scheduling, Sun 12 Oct 1pm & Sat 6 Dec 5.30pm! What planet are these people on? Do they not eat meals at normal times like the rest of us? Games are usually played at 3pm for a reason.
The Tigress

Post by The Tigress »

Sadly the scheduled times of games has little to do with fans and more to do with Sky contracts. Both these matches are televised on Sky and so they determine KO to fit in with their schedule not ours. I think the Dec game is actually the 6th not the 5th. Didn't want you to miss it for other reasons than having your tea> :smt002
Smile-its contagious ;)
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Pretty good but those blue pills can be hard to swallow
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

mightymouse wrote:Pretty good but those blue pills can be hard to swallow
I wondered how long it would take. :smt002
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
The Tigress

Post by The Tigress »

mightymouse wrote:Pretty good but those blue pills can be hard to swallow
Oooh you could sink to whole new depths with this thread. About not being able to sell your ticket making your spirits droop and about how you are impotent in the face of bureacracy. Think I'd better stop there before the devil in me takes the tone any lower. Te He :smt077
Smile-its contagious ;)
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Very professional response The Tigress. You rose to the occasion well.

Mr Murdoch has caused many knickers to be twisted. But then there are no flies on him!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

The Tigress wrote:Sadly the scheduled times of games has little to do with fans and more to do with Sky contracts. Both these matches are televised on Sky and so they determine KO to fit in with their schedule not ours. I think the Dec game is actually the 6th not the 5th. Didn't want you to miss it for other reasons than having your tea> :smt002
There are a lot more fans than those that attend Welford Road, and the growing popularity and quality of the sport in this country is largely down to Sky showing more games than the BBC ever did. The kick offs for the HC games are so that as many of those games as possible can be shown, and as many fans as possible (not all fans can go to away games, very few in fact) can get to see their team play as often as possible. Think what us fans would have to put up with without Sky's money and coverage before you complain about it not being like the 'good' old days.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Not sure Sky's motives are altruistic.

They do it to make £ not spend them!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007