Aus style rugby

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bertie

Aus style rugby

Post by bertie »

Seeing the highlights of this weeks matches and the implementation of the ELVs makes me wonder. Are we going to give up the style of rugby we are used to.
It seems to be changing to that of the aus teams. we will be crying when we lose a match next! :smt022 I only hope these stupid experiments are abandon at the end of the season. Although I think it could cause a rift between hemispheres.
death to the elvs
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

"aus style" and "rugby" are not phrases that fit well together!

Even with mutated rules "style" is something they have yet to find.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
legs11
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by legs11 »

'aus style of rugby'

you mean a weak front row? :smt023
same old leicester..... always winning!!!!!!!!
NorthantsTiger

Post by NorthantsTiger »

The standard on play so far over the whole GP for the opening two matches has generally been poor, when compared with the heights of last season. The matches ive seen live on sky and in highlight form have been error strewn and have been characterised by over zealous refereeing. this has led to a strange harem scarem style of rugby which is all action and fury but no class. Hopefully this is just due to teams getting used to the new laws and will settle down, but after watching the tediousness of the Tri-nations, im not sure it will. The new laws mean that whilst the aim of the law is to keep the ball in play longer, the reality thus far has been both teams kicking aimlessly to each other, each searching for a mistake. This has led to large moments of kicking 'duels' which are quite boring for the spectator. I would much rather see a line out or scrum etc, rather than this emphasis on keeping the ball in play at all costs. One small crumb of comfort for me is that at least they have rejected the use of the short arm penalty which reduced the Tri nations to some sort of grown up bumper cars!!!

The way rugby union is heading unless we are very careful is towards some sort of weird league/aussie rules hybrid, all action but no intelligence. I hope that this is just scaremongering on may part and that the wonderfully talented, vibrant, competitive and enjoyable brand of rugby that i loved last year (and previously) is allowed to return and that the present problems are just down to teething issues :smt001
"In Arduis Fidelius"
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

"over zealous refereeing"

I ain't seen any of that. Incompetent refereeing yes!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Round 3 has started well!!
Bristol 6 - 9
(3 - 3) Sale R

Penalties:
Jarvis, Barnes Penalties:
McAlister 3

What are tries???

:smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Indeed. Week 1 was put down to the weather. Week 2 becasue of being rusty. If week 3 continues in the form of the Bris-Sale match the finger may well start to be pointed at the ELVs.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..