Corry and Ellis

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Corry and Ellis

Post by Former Prop »

Radio Leicester sport have just reported that Corry will make his seasonal debut on Saturday against Wuss, and Ellis will not play so to 'not aggravate an old knee injury'.

I would think Dupuy will start instead of Harry, but who does Martin come in for? Blaze? (as he went off injured last weekend)
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

What does Mr Meyer see him as? Lock, blindside or 8?
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

He played at lock pre-season. I can't see how he would get in the team as a backrower unless through injury or Meyer wanted to rest Crane.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

will be happy to see Dupuy get a much deserved start - he's been rather good recently.

Cozza in for Blaze maybe?
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Don't like the sound of Ellis's rest so as to 'not aggravate an old knee injury'- did he get a knock on Saturday - if so I didn't see it. Or is he just going to get a series of rests throughout this year as a precaution? I would have thought his knee would have been 100% or at least stable after proper rehab. but perhaps someone knowes better?
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

It's worrying about the knee injury. I've not been convinced that Harry is back to his normal self.
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Before the season started I hears Mr Meyer say Harry still had some problems with his knee - think there was some swelling or some fluid on it. He was slightly concerned.
Obviously with him playing the first two games those concerns seemed to be unfounded, but I wonder if it's the same problem he's having now.
Blimey...
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

He was listed as injured pre-season stating soreness in his knee after a game. I agree he's not been looking 100% sharp. Against Western Force he was constantly getting dragged into the ruck and again on Saturday. He'll have to look out, Dupuy has looked good value when he comes on. Good new for Tigers to have 2 class acts wanting the same slot, so long as they are both fit.

I hope he isn't feeling pressured into playing when not really up to it.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I don't think we should expect too much from Harry yet.
Given that his recovery from the knee reconstruction was complicated I was suprised he returned last season however we shouldn't expect to see the real Harry for perhaps another year.

It sounds like the coaches & physios are making sure he doesn't play too much too soon which is in his long term interest.