Guinness A League: Tigers v Sale Jets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Tigersfan90 wrote:
Rizzo wrote:It also seemed like hardly anyone was there, when one bloke yelled "come on Tigers!" near the start of the game it actually echoed round the ground like it was empty!
Haha. Any idea what the attendance was roughly? I thought it might of been ok considering the match was free to anyone who filled out a form. Although it only seemed to be advertised to the fans and not the general public.
The match and how to get entry was mentioned in the Leicester Mercury as well as on here and at the ground on Saturday.

Dailywaffle, it was a poor attendance, I'd have guessed at 1500 and some of those didn't even seem interested in the game from the start.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

The general view of our group was that it looked like men against boys, especially in the backs. That said, we also felt that Hurrell stood out, his attacking and tackling back were very good. Granted, his hands under the high ball were not good enough, but then no-one's was and communication under the excellently placed high balls (by Sale) was poor - a bit like Saturday really!

Harrison looked good, as did Aley, although I fear that Aley will always be too small to step up - hope I'm proved wrong.

Overall a disappointing night, but I suppose it is also a reflection on our current crop of injuries. On that point I saw Ben Youngs walking around - is he injured, cos if not I would have expected him to play?
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

I don't know about watching pigs being born, JG, but what I saw was more like lambs to the slaughter.

The front row may have had the advantage of experience, but there was nothing behind them to help control the scrums. They were also slow around the park, which didn't help as these Development games tend to be played almost at 7s speed.

It was also worrying that there didn't seem to be a plan B again.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

What worries me, I wasn't there last night, is that we're a third of the way through the fixture list. It would seem we have youngsters who need worthwhile game time to improve and 1st teamers who need game time to keep match fit and return from injury.

There's only 2 more home games and 4 in total. At the start it was a copy of the Premiership, then they split into 2 halves, reducing the number of games played and now its split into 3. How long before there's two teams in each group?

How on earth are the teams supposed to produce the stars of tomorrow with nothing to cut their teeth on?
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
roysboys

Post by roysboys »

as I understand it, a number of the academy lads are on loan as well, ie Rickie plays for Nuneaton RFC, so hopefully they're all getting regular game time elsewhere as well :smt023