ELV's a try fest?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

ELV's a try fest?

Post by Bill W »

At this stage in the season last year 6 try bonus points had been scored. This year none have.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Unless I'm mistaken, Quins got one yesterday. :smt004
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Apologies! Quins were missed off the table I was looking at!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
NorthantsTiger

Post by NorthantsTiger »

Just goes to prove the maxim 'if it ain't broken don't fix it'. The Guinness premiership was the best league in world rugby last year with every weekend hosting brilliant matches. The standard of play was excellent, so im hoping that the slow start to this season is due to players and coaches acclimatising to the new rules and refereeing approach.

I just hope this isn't an indicator for the future of rugby union, a harem scarem rugby league style mish mash. :smt011
"In Arduis Fidelius"
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

I'm getting neck ache watching the kicking - its like going to tennis :smt011 :smt015
masopa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by masopa »

I absolutely don't want to defend the ELVs as I mostly disagree with them, but... the first week's games were probably all the tightest match-ups you could have asked for. In many cases, the weaker team was playing at home and the match-ups were pretty much pairs of teams of similar standards.

This week should have seen quite a few more: Wasps, Harlequins and possibly Northampton would have been my tips for 5 pointers. Only Quins delivered (in fact, only Quins won!)
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Far to early to comment wait until the second half of the season when the defences have learnt to cheat the new rules ( sorry i mean play by the laws) ans the attack how best to play to them. Oh and not to mention most tens in the counrty learning how to kisk a ball where it needs to go and not paly areial ping pong.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I am happy to wait (I have no alternative) no harm in monitoring progress though!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

And btw this year 6 losing bonus points have been won. At the same stage last year only 1 had.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Oh and this year 459 points have been scored. Last season it was 569

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

Bill - how many tries in total - there seems to be a lot of pens :smt017
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Crumby wrote:Bill - how many tries in total - there seems to be a lot of pens :smt017
I'll let Bill do the maths, but any imbalance in the try / penalty count is more likely to be to do with the protocols than the ELV's.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Week One - 06th September 2008

Tries - 20
Conversions - 15
Penalties - 29
Drop Goals - 2

Week Two - 13th September 2008

Tries - 21
Conversions - 15
Penalties - 29
Drop Goals - 3
Last edited by Tigerbeat on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
rugfan

Post by rugfan »

Having watched about 20 games under the new ELVs ,in the SH, kicking is a big part of the game,Ive noticed more scrums ,more throws at lineouts or not stright ,and having watched Aus v NZ , the Wellington Waikato and Sharks games at the weekend ,the Refs still donk manage the breakdown areas ,still think we should go back to our way of playing in the NH
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Another great try-fest!

Bristol 6 - 9
(3 - 3) Sale R

Penalties:
Jarvis, Barnes Penalties:
McAlister 3

Memorial Stadium

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007