ELV's a try fest?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

And four tries from three games in the Magners!

Scintillating stuff!!

:smt016 :smt013 :smt016
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Ah Edigburgh and Scarlets was more impressive!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Bristol vs Sale was enthralling viewing I bet!

6-9 to Sale.

So much for the all powerful, all conquering, try scoring machine that is the Sale back line... :smt015
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

they didn't score any tries last week either. and that was at home against sarries!
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

SALE this season played 3 won 3 tries for 1 against 0
St. Andre says we can get better - for the sake of all rugby supporters I FRIGGING HOPE SO. :smt011 :smt010
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

The BBC are making much of them not having conceded a try so far this season - no mention of them having only scored one!
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
MR
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by MR »

It looks like Sale have the new laws down to a tee. They have scored 1 try this year and sit on top of the Premiership.
They have, more importantly, also not conceded a try.
My thoughts are that this would be bad for the game if the team that has scored the least tries wins the league.
Im not saying the ELV's are totally resposible.
We will need to be on our best behaviour when we play Sale.
Their kickers look in good form.
:smt023
"If in doubt boot it out"
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

With one game to be played tomorrow (Falcons v Sarries)to complete Round 3 of the GP 57 tries have been scored and 634 points, 1 try bonus point and 11 losing bonus point.

At the end of Round 3 last year, 80 tries and 776 points had been scored, 7 try bonus points and 5 losing bonus points.

Sarries v Falcons should be a cracking match then!!!!!!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

"Nothing I have seen so far this season on tele or in live matches has suggested to me half decent attacking rugby as we know it."

Amendment - knew it. This is apparently what the Australians and the IRB want!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Re: Tries at Wuss

Post by dailywaffle »

jgriffin wrote:Both Wuss tries down to total defensive errors by Tigers opening a door and ushering them through. The Tigers try was an individual show 'n go from 5m by Dupuy.

Nothing from Tigers showed a killer finish, a killer build up or even at times, a compass.

Nothing I have seen so far this season on tele or in live matches has suggested to me half decent attacking rugby as we know it.
Tigers created plenty of opportunities today; it was a lack of composure and poor execution that stopped us, not the ELV's.

I do agree on the defensive lapses, the first in particular.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Come on daily, collapsing the maul prevented at least 3 certain tries!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Bill W wrote:Come on daily, collapsing the maul prevented at least 3 certain tries!
Brainless offloads and kicking the ball away prevented three tries today.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

So we should have scored 7!!!!!

That would have been good!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Sarcens and Falcons scored well.

This season/last season comparisons:

Tries: 64/80
TBP: 2/7
LBP: 11/5

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007