Fans in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AREYOUWATCHINGSBARNES

Fans in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Post by AREYOUWATCHINGSBARNES »

Having read many posts regarding the behaviour of some Gloucester it may come as a surprise to some that we at Welford Road are not immune to idiots being amongst us, a man who should have known better (given his senior years) spent the whole match, before being asked to stop by the stewards swearing and making donkey noises, what separates us from Gloucester fans I wonder? :smt017
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

If someone like this is in a seat, take the seat number and stand number and let the Club know. I'm not saying they would take action but they would at least be aware. Hopefully the stewards told him to stop it and he will learn a lesson.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Where was this? Presumably not at the A&L end of the terrace (unless I've gone one-eared as well as one-eyed in my support), since I heard quite a bit of enraged shouting at the ref (some of it mine :emb: ), but no swearing. And definitely no donkey noises.

Was it up near where things seemed to kick off at half-time? I didn't have the angle to see what was going on there.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

It was on the terrace on the half way line to the players left as they run out.
Group of gents with some Asian ladies, who I have never seen before, lets hope this was a one off! :smt018
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Spent the whole of the second half with some bloke swearing behind us. As it was Martin Corry, I gave him a bit of leeway. He should be back playing next game.
GS
Super User
Super User

Re: Fans in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Post by GS »

AREYOUWATCHINGSBARNES wrote:Having read many posts regarding the behaviour of some Gloucester it may come as a surprise to some that we at Welford Road are not immune to idiots being amongst us, a man who should have known better (given his senior years) spent the whole match, before being asked to stop by the stewards swearing and making donkey noises, what separates us from Gloucester fans I wonder? :smt017
What separates us? At WR he was asked to stop by the stewards.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
smithmas

Post subject: Re: Fans in glass houses shouldn't throw stone

Post by smithmas »

Heads up Tigers - I heard the sounds of SShhhhhh when Irish were taking a penalty kick or conversion attempt and a huge round of applause when they got scored a penalty from the seemingly impossible.

Don't hear that from any other crowd....
simparms

Post by simparms »

chappie wrote:It was on the terrace on the half way line to the players left as they run out.
Group of gents with some Asian ladies, who I have never seen before, lets hope this was a one off! :smt018

What happened do you know? Saw some commotion and heard some rather unsavoury comments, of which dont belong at Welford Road....
SiMpArMs - Tigers for life
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

There was another village missing it's idiot yesterday! This time at the A&L end of the Terrace. During a slow hand clap by the majority or the crowd, a chap in the terrace shouted across to the A&L stand that "we should pack it in as Tigers were playing like pr**ks (ryhmes with sticks)". I looked across and he seemed to be looking at me and my daughter, so I responded with "that's your opinion". To which he followed with a mouthful of abuse. There were many children within earshot, including a family in front of me on row J who have Season Tickets for the first time. I called a Steward across and told him of the foul language used in front of yougsters and he called a Supervisor who spoke with the idiot concerned. He did then shut up for the rest of the game. This person was old enough to know better, but appeared to have been sounding off having been well lubricated.
It is bad enough when away fans shout abuse etc at the Tigers players, but when one of the home crowd is giving abuse to another section of the home crowd then this is taking things in a whole new direction. I just hope that the swift action of the Stewards, albeit with gentle prompting, has sorted it for future games. I don't particularly want to have to change my seats just because of a prat on the terrace.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
The Tigress

Post by The Tigress »

Heard a group of people in the crumbie stand start to jeer, scream and whistle when LI went to make a conversion at one point but there was a resounding Sssssssssssh from the rest of the crowd which immediately silenced them. After that you could hear a pin drop before each attempt at the posts (from either team)and clapping afterwards. More the type of behaviour you'd expect at WR than the former example. There was a commotion in the A&L stand just before 1/2 time but that was cos some poor chap collapsed.
Smile-its contagious ;)
AOR

Post by AOR »

The Tigress wrote:There was a commotion in the A&L stand just before 1/2 time but that was cos some poor chap collapsed.
yeah i heart that from the crumbie terrace?
where they clapping cos he managed to get back to his feet? cos i hope they weren't cheering at him collapsing ...
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

"What separates us from Gloucester fans?" a few steps in the evolutionary process. But as all processes, as indicated by some posts here, there is also regression, hence the gobs****s (rhymes with "right")in the crowd yesterday.
The Tigress

Post by The Tigress »

AOR wrote: yeah i heart that from the crumbie terrace?
where they clapping cos he managed to get back to his feet? cos i hope they weren't cheering at him collapsing

No he definitely didn't get back to his feet. Taken off on ambulance chair with Dr in attendance, oxygen on etc. I think it was a kind of sympathy clap. Didn't feel like it was anything more sinister than that. Hope not any way. Have to say it took a long while for my pulse to get back to normal after the game so can see why he might have collapsed.
Smile-its contagious ;)
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

Edited "cos" Goffer doesn't read the threads to the end. apologies Tigress!
Last edited by Goffer3404 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

unohoo wrote:Spent the whole of the second half with some bloke swearing behind us. As it was Martin Corry, I gave him a bit of leeway. He should be back playing next game.
Are you kidding here or was MC really behaving just like Wax Jacket Man (remember him?).

Very suprised if so as I thought he was a bit above that sort of language (at least off the field and in public).