Mass punch-up Toulon vs Stade

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Mass punch-up Toulon vs Stade

Post by TigerCam »

Just watched the Toulon/Stade game. Massive punch up at the end of the 1st half. 2 props red-carded. It will take some time for the citing officer to go through that lot!! Stade won. Jerry Collins was awesome!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I've not seen an all-out brawl like that at this level in a long time. The Toulon SH was very lucky not to go off as well; although you probably could have made a case for carding about five different players.

The match was also notable for Starmer-Smith's outraged commentary; as hysterical as it was inept. He really is awful, isn't he?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Who won? The match not the fight.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Stade Francais; IIRC that's 4 wins on the bounce. Something like 19-13, 2 x DG's for some Argentinian FH.
MR
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by MR »

Too much red wine for Starmer Smith definately.
I'm thinking we perhaps had agood miss with Hernandez.
Too much selfish "drop goal will do" even though he has quality players around him.
Don't think he woulsd have gone down well.
Enjoying the French Rugby on tv though even with the cr$p commentry.

:smt023
"If in doubt boot it out"
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

The Stade Fan will be happy!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

MR wrote:Too much red wine for Starmer Smith definately.
I'm thinking we perhaps had agood miss with Hernandez.
Too much selfish "drop goal will do" even though he has quality players around him.
Don't think he woulsd have gone down well.
Enjoying the French Rugby on tv though even with the cr$p commentry.

:smt023
Very enjoyable, wasn't it. Random commentary, hostile crowd, mass punch up, some outstanding performances from the likes of Szarzewski, Parisse and Collins.

Hernandez is quite clearly one of the most gifted players on the planet; but I accept that he's also a frustrating player to watch.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Mass punch-up Toulon vs Stade

Post by Simmo »

TigerCam wrote:Just watched the Toulon/Stade game. Massive punch up at the end of the 1st half. 2 props red-carded. It will take some time for the citing officer to go through that lot!! Stade won. Jerry Collins was awesome!
Our old Gloucester mate Ronny Roncero was one of them.
Nice to see Pez playing in a club match.
Simmo
GeddingtonTiger

Post by GeddingtonTiger »

There was a very suspicious drop goal given by the TMO, looked like it missed to me. Strange match, nothing much going on until the massive fight and that seemed to come out of nothing.
Is offended that he is a senior member.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgN1o747V4Q

Few big thumps in that lot!
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Thanks Ian for the link...nothing like watching a good punch-up to set my Saturday up :smt002
Waggy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Waggy »

:smt003 takes me back a few years that
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

GeddingtonTiger wrote:There was a very suspicious drop goal given by the TMO, looked like it missed to me. Strange match, nothing much going on until the massive fight and that seemed to come out of nothing.
The two props were at each other all of the 1st half. A niggle here and there - only a matter of time until it blew!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
nottslad

Post by nottslad »

cracking scrap!! Fancy the Toulon number 9 will be getting a lengthy ban!!! dropped 3 stade players & escaped!! Had that been Rambeni he would get a life ban!!!!!
glass is half full
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Bill W wrote:The Stade Fan will be happy!
Ze Stade Fan travelled there and is indeed quite pleased with the result. But Toulon is really a boiling stadium. They have their local chant before the game, dubbbed "pilou-pilou" which ressembles the haka, they hiss booh and bawl whenever the visitors get the ball...

The crowd chanted "Roncero MF !" during a long while before the all-out brawl, and what they sung after goes beyond imagination ! Funny enough, after promising murder, rape and pillage to your team they pat you on the shoulder and offer a drink ! We were actually quite pleased with the locals hospitality !

Well, my Tigers, Stade is firmly at the top of the French championship... garlic, crucifix and fingers crossed, I hope we'll hold that position for a while !
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans