Herrings Yellow Card & Will James fantastic stamp!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Herrings Yellow Card & Will James fantastic stamp!

Post by adamv6 »

Missed the first half of the game at the weekend, but was watching it last night.

Thought the decision to dismiss Herring was very harsh, as Cozza said in his half time interview on the touchline.

The replay clearly shows that Herring was on his feet, and the ruck hadn't formed, so was perfectly legal to get his hands in there.

What did strike me was in the replay, Will James attempted to stamp on Herrings head, fortunately missing and getting his own team mate firmly on the hip!

That action was obviously missed by the officials and commentators, because as the shed-heads keep reminding us, only Tigers cheat!
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Yeah the yellow card was a bit harsh but with the Shed shouting on the Glaws team do generally get the run of the decisions, just look at the Ellis yellow card in the Prem Semi that was a terrible decision. However, I'm loathe to lamblast the ref from the weekend because Croft definitley stood on a player when coming back from an offside player in the second half (he even took a detour to manage it) I was about 10m away and was stunned the assistant didn't tell the ref. The Glaws fans were not impressed.
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

Shhhh! Haven't you heard of retrospective citing!?
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

sam16111986 wrote:Yeah the yellow card was a bit harsh but with the Shed shouting on the Glaws team do generally get the run of the decisions, just look at the Ellis yellow card in the Prem Semi that was a terrible decision. However, I'm loathe to lamblast the ref from the weekend because Croft definitley stood on a player when coming back from an offside player in the second half (he even took a detour to manage it) I was about 10m away and was stunned the assistant didn't tell the ref. The Glaws fans were not impressed.
As Tigers fans never ever try and influence referees at all at Welford road do we....?

Wake up and smell the coffee the game is over we have the win. Decisions are made that are harsh in everything and retrospectively they could be changed but you just have to live with it.

Ben Herring is a fantastic player and deserves more accolades than he gets.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

The Ref stated Herring was clearly off his feet.

Cut to replay......erm.......
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..