ITV4 Highlights Package

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spanker
Top Cat
Top Cat

ITV4 Highlights Package

Post by Spanker »

Did anyone catch the GP highlights programme yesterday evening at 18:30, on ITV4. I have to say I was almost moist eyed at rugby being back on the box on a Sunday night. As the Mrs has put a veto on Sky it was great to catch some of the GP. Also interestingly enough my 2 daughters watched transifxed for an hour before they had to go to bed. As they will be the next generation (hopefully) of rugby fans I think there is a lot to be said about this kind of programming. Rugby back to the people! However it missed the old Rugby Special music.
ashfieldtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ashfieldtiger »

i watched in the pub after watching both games yesterday, was impressed with the show although cant remember that much about it, the beer flowed well yesterday. OUCH!!! is it gonna be hour and a half every sunday?
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

I thought the ITV4 highlights package was pretty good last night and not condescending like the BBC used to be. Craig Doyle and Martin Bayfield a good combination and pretty good coverage of all the games last weekend.

:smt023 :smt023
Philip J Gray
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

ashfieldtiger wrote: ...

is it gonna be hour and a half every sunday?

I read somewhere (but can't remember where) that the program will be an hour and a half for the first two weeks only. After that it'll be an hour long each week for the rest of the season.
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

I've not watched all of the show yet, but have set SKY+ to record each week.

The shows seems to have a better balance between action and chat than the Rugby Club and at least everyone knows where to look for it, unlike BBC's Rugby Special which flitted around all over the place.

The big question is....

Can Martin Bayfield fit it in every week around his Harry Potter commitments?

(He plays Hagrid from the back, as Robbie Coltraine is somewhat shorter!)
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

The ITV Highlights prog was indeed pretty good,Nobody making OTT statements or thinking the programme is all about them.
Did you notice that this next week its being done from WR The home of English Club Rugby

:smt023
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

It was a good start. It seems it will be every week when there are GP games.
AOR

Post by AOR »

will this be repeated on any other day?
couldn't watch it as I was on the way home from Kingsholm
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

AOR wrote:will this be repeated on any other day?
couldn't watch it as I was on the way home from Kingsholm
Firstly if you go to this link you get the ITV i player equivalnet and you can see highlights.

http://www.itv.com/Sport/RugbyUnion/default.html

Secondly the programme is repeated on ITV1, this week is very early Wednesday morning at 12.15 a.m.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Good show, IMO. Some pretty lengthy highlights, which was nice to see, and on at a good time
ashtiger

Post by ashtiger »

Great show will definitely watch every week without fail especially with ITV catch up.
TIGER
johns
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by johns »

Here is a link to the ITV Rugby site, I have to say much better than anything the BBC have provided.

If you want to keep this please use the "Talk to us" tab, the one thing broardcasters like is feed back.

Let them know how much we want this service, send them a message.
cad

Thanks and see you on Saturday

Post by cad »

Hello, Craig Doyle here, I hope you don't mind me jumping on your forum. Someone in work pointed out your reaction to the new show and I just wanted to say thanks very much - I'm delighted you enjoyed it. I think it's great for the game that there is a weekly show, I know my little boy loves to watch the tries back and I'm glad you lot do too. We are coming to Welford Road on Saturday for the London Irish game, so I hope you will all be in good voice. Thanks again, it is your show and your feedback is important to us.
See you Saturday
Craig
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Cheers, Craig. Keep up the good work! :smt023
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Watched the highlights package and was very pleased with the coverage. Good to see that everyone can now enjoy the Guinness Premiership without having to fork out the cost of Sky Sports - it is good for the game and the fans

Cheers Craig.

Keep up the good work

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk