Rugby World article re Goode

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

castro.fan

Rugby World article re Goode

Post by castro.fan »

Hi people im new to the forum so dont slate my opinions too much please!

i recently got Rugby World and with it came a magazine outlining their predictions for all the clubs. The sentence which struck me as strange in their section about tigers was the quote "they have also lost their kicking king, Andy Goode. Whether Toby Flood or Derick Hougaard can slot into that role and provide similar consistency remains to be seen".

This seemed to me strange because if there was one word i would never have described Goodey as it is "consistent".

Thoughts.
ashtiger

Post by ashtiger »

It seems that a lot of the fans are relieved to see Goode gone but reporters and reporting that its bad.

Which is a bit strange.
TIGER
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

i wouldnt take it too seriously - its written by a Mr.Barnes - i also wouldnt put a bet on Tigers coming 7th.

The bit that amused me most was "Stuart Barnes says: Heyneke Meyer coming in and his deep-standing 10 Derek Hougaard are ample reason to suspect a stuttering season".... the best club coach in the world and a Super 14 winning 10 under him have come in... it must be bad news?
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

when i read that i wasn't sure what to think, and then i laughed for a long time. some of these media "experts" really are idiot. that idiot in particular has most definitely made his prediction made on our form of last season
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Welcome to the forum castro.fan

I too would not have used the word "consistant" to descrive Mr. Goode.

His description of Heyneke and Hougard are laughable!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Easty

Post by Easty »

It's even more laughable when considering the comments made by Mr Barnes and his colleagues on Sky in regards to AG's 'lack' of consistency.

I also noted that Mike Cleary has similar views of our new coach, in his article in the Telegraph he suggests Flood fights for the No.10 shirt as Heyneke is known to favour a ten-man style of play. Am I missing something, how on earth did Habanna get the ball so often, or was he just lucky and picked up the odd loose ball 2 meters from the try line?

Almost forgot to add ~ not getting ahead of myself, but I'm really looking forward to proving messer's Barnes, Cleary et al very wrong.......seventh indeed
To The Board ~ you have one season to prove you've got this decision right. More than you gave Marcelo
Tom_Naz the Tiger

Post by Tom_Naz the Tiger »

That wouldn't be the same Stuart Barnes who wrote this article back in May would it?

http://tinyurl.com/5vqsoc

'Leicester Tigers have no chance in today’s playoff game against Gloucester.'

Ha!
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

When I read that it just confirmed my initial thoughts on Stuart Barnes.

He is a complete :censored:
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Leicester Tigers have no chance in today’s playoff game against Gloucester. Three teams have serious prospects of lifting the Guinness Premiership title in the most open and exciting finale to the playoffs to date, but the Tigers are the odd ones out. Who am I to give the reigning champions a hope in hell if Richard Cockerill – the forwards coach of the club – has dismissed any prospects of being competitive in these playoffs, let alone retaining the title?
i can read that over and over again.

He is a good commentator no doubt, but his press pieces are occasionaly found lacking in erm... partiality and occasionaly sense.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

You lot remind of a soppy girl who dumps her boyfriend after years of slagging him off AND THEN CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM.

Sorry for the caps and all that. But really.

In the style of a Friends character: "Get over him. He is so not coming back."
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

kornboy130 wrote:
Leicester Tigers have no chance in today’s playoff game against Gloucester. Three teams have serious prospects of lifting the Guinness Premiership title in the most open and exciting finale to the playoffs to date, but the Tigers are the odd ones out. Who am I to give the reigning champions a hope in hell if Richard Cockerill – the forwards coach of the club – has dismissed any prospects of being competitive in these playoffs, let alone retaining the title?
i can read that over and over again.

He is a good commentator no doubt, but his press pieces are occasionaly found lacking in erm... partiality and occasionaly sense.

Stuart Barnes is a clot.