Live from the Western Force friendly

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

I think I read somewhere that they beat Newcastle and lost to Saints.
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

According to programme they've been getting gradually worse.

They beat Newcastle, lost 19-10 to Saracens, lost 22-3 to Northampton and then 48-7 today.

They also have a development side over who beat Saracens 2nds and were playing Northampton Wanderers and don't know result of that.
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerben »

Geordan did his usual party trick,
clearence from their fullback, stopped a metre or so from the deadball line, geordie lay down so his feet/lower legs were out of bounds and dead, so that whne he picked the ball up it was a scrum back the otherside of halfway
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I thought he'd done that but wasn't sure.

Is this still legal? In the last couple of weeks I've seen a few times when players in New Zealand could have easily done this and haven't and so thought it may have been outlawed.

Or are we just ahead of NZ in thinking?
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

I think its just the fact that Geordie is such an intelligent player that he realises its ok to do that, where maybe others don't.
Blimey...
Easty

Post by Easty »

Someone who caught my eye was Dan Cole, maybe because I kept thinking it was Herring (must have been the beard) but he did seem to have a very high work rate in the open.

Stu, I agree I thought WF were poor, okay for the first 15 mins or so, but once the scoring started I think they knew what was coming.

Tigercam, I'm a bit confused as to what ELV reduced the number of lineouts, taking the ball back into the 22 maybe? there really weren't that many occassions surely.
To The Board ~ you have one season to prove you've got this decision right. More than you gave Marcelo
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Great day out! Great performance. Wasn't the weather humid though?

I could not help but feel that the new maul law has meant far more time is now spent with players lying all over the floor (many of them technically offside) and it is a muggers buddle to referee!

I enjoyed the day! And a breath of fresh air at fly half!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I've added some photos (though due to my technical incompetence I'm not convinced that this link will work)

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m81/ ... n%20Force/
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

WF really weren't very good, and one should be wary of reading too much into the performance or score. Leicester's scrum and lineout, which really wasn't tested at all today, will get much more of an examination next weekend. I would think we had over 70% of the ball, and 48 points was probably no better than par against today's opponents.

As Bill says, the breakdown was a mess. The ref let a huge amount go, and as a result we struggled to get quality ball away from the ruck/pile.

Flood had an armchair ride, but did look very sharp early doors ..... although he looked a little too desperate to score his first try at WR. It all got a bit loose in midfield after a while, and 10-12-13 will certainly have to shape up against much tougher opposition in future.

If today was anything to go by, we're going to see an awful lot of Tuilagi crashing into contact. Ball retention remains a problem.

I thought Dupuy looked very neat when he came on. Typically French, quick service and fast feet.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Liked what I saw of Dupoy!!!

Will keep Harry honest!!

On the floor it was a total mess!

Only guy with any nous was Ben Kay!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

I agree that WF didn't really test Tigers today but I thought some of the offloading in the tackle was very good and there did seem to be a conscious attempt to play the game at pace. Overall I thought today's performance showed promise.
A citizen of hope and glory
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Agreed!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Easty

Post by Easty »

I agree Daily, Flood did look desperate, but its not that new I've seen him do similar at Falcons & England....he has a habit of wanting to go all the way when he breaks through, someone will need to teach him when to back himself & when to just pull up a bit to let the defence onto him before passing & letting someone else in.

Will Greenwood would be going spare, when he gets through he tucks the ball up under one arm, keep it in two hands pleeeeeeeease.

Having said that, he was certainly exciting to watch & I thought him & Mauger looked great as a combination. As Bill said, a breath of fresh air
To The Board ~ you have one season to prove you've got this decision right. More than you gave Marcelo
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Its funny you mention Will Greenwood; I was thinking exactly the same thing this afternoon!
Tyler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tyler »

Good points, Cole at prop seemed strong and Ayerza looked very motivated and competent. Tuilagi actually catching and passing/kicking....wow! :smt003
Varndell and Flood seemed sharp but a touch greedy.
Mr Dupoy scored a great try and will give our H good competition for the starting berth.

Bad points

The new elv's gave the game an almost sterile rugby league type of game. Being as I'm from the old guard of stick it up jumper and grind the opposition into the mud, I found this disconcerting as I've signed the family and myself for three years of it! :toimonster:

I'm already missing one of our major weapons the rolling maul!Beside the moan the game wasn't too bad
apart from the excess of meaningless scores. Ah well roll on Glawster I'll be there in the shed enjoying the local banter of "same old leicester always cheating" as we shred them LARGE! :smt077
The maul is back! JUSTICE !