Tigers, thanks for the open day

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

john_o
Tiger Cub

Tigers, thanks for the open day

Post by john_o »

I went with my wife and kids and we all thought it was great. The players were really accessible and willing to speak to all the folks there.

Thanks again

John O
MR
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by MR »

My daughter went with a friend and couldn't stop texting me about who she had met and got autographs from.
I think its really great that the Tigers keep the players feet on the ground and don't forget the fans.

She was thrilled that she got a photo took with Tom V and met Toby Flood.

Brilliant event considering some of the boys played yesterday!!

:smt023
"If in doubt boot it out"
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Really enjoyed it....great Castro beard !! Managed to get a brief word with Lewis Moody, who said that he hoped to be back in September - good news !
hughes

Post by hughes »

Well done it was a great day . :smt023
Do not go where the path may lead,go instead where there is no path and leave a trail for others to follow!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Fantastic day!
Kayser is a legend as were the rest of the lads. Hope to see this become an annual event.
gimme
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by gimme »

could`ve died of thirst !
spent more time queueueueing than driiiinking,
on the plus side less time in the loo !
that`s me. gme. let your fingers do the walking
Roll on Christmas, let`s have some nuts
AND
(don`t forget Sheila`s bread pudding)
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I commented on another thread, perhaps another time they could give a rough timetable as to what is due to happen when (and where). I presume the players appearances, fashion show etc, took place in the afternoon?

We toured all the function rooms and bars (planning a function there next year) and saw the massive queue in the shop, walked the length and breadth of the pitch, and saw no players, and no evidence of new kit (other than through shop window). We arrived just after 11 and had to leave just after 12.30.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

Hi Rizzo,

couldn't agree more. We arrived at 11:00 and just wondered around. We learnt about the fashion show, at 13:00 in the underwood suite, whilst we were queuing for the changing room tour.

We had a nice day out, weather was good for a change. I hope that they do it again next year and listen to our minor gripes.

Rich
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

We had a great day and saw and chatted to loads of the squad. having said that I don't think they were really about until the first fashion show at 1pm. They all cycled through the Tigers Bar were there was a table set out with the cups on display as well.

So a few bits of gleaned gossip:
Marcos did get married during the summer - very nice his wife is too, who was there with him.

Lewis thinks he will be fir early September.

Ben Herring it would appear was the indecisive one - according to Cozza even the squad and management didn't really know if he was staying or not until he turned up for the pre-season training.

Toby and Ben (Woods) seem to be fitting in realy well with the squad.
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

The players didn't arrive until later on, with the first signing session starting (in the Tiger Bar) at around 1:15pm I think. Players then did stints of roughly 30 mins signing before a new group replaced them.

The other players were mostly out on the pitch for the rest of the afternoon, individually signing autographs.

It was rather odd that some players (eg Seru, Castro, Harry) had organised queues form for their sigs/photos while other players (eg Tuilagi & Kay) were just mobbed from all sides by a disorganised mass of bodies!
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

Does anyone know whose idea the open day was?
Just wondering if it had been planned for a while or if maybe it was the influence of our new coach?
Was a really good day and hope that it become a regular thing :smt023

So glad the weather was nice as well!!
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

The Open Day was planned long before Loffreda was sacked, let alone Meyer appointed.

I can remember first hearing about it privately in mid/late May.

It was definitely a good idea though & one that I think should be repeated in the future.
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

Cheers DA!! :smt023
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

We had no problems with anything - maybe good karma after the rank journey up. We arrived about 12.30, wandered onto the sacred turf, picked up some treasure hunt sheets, mooched around a bit picking up the info from bar to bar, got into the Crumbie Bar where there wasn't a queue to get served so beer and coke sorted, then blanched at the queue for the tour and wandered randomly around after 1.00 or so, and met pretty much everyone in the squad plus coaches (nice to see the young guys like Hurrell and Tonks working the crowd with the rest) and got shirts well and truly signed plus loads of photos. Even nobbled Oz, who was there with family. Dupuy and Bonorino seemed to have settled right in. And then we braved the shop queue and I used my 10% off voucher to good effect.

Grand day out, all told. Paid for it with the journey back, though. Lesson learnt: never go from London to Leicester when there are rail works and a rail replacement bus. :smt019