Tigers, thanks for the open day

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I guessed it would probably mostly be after lunchtime, but sadly we had to get back to deal with ancient relatives! Nice idea though, and glad so many people enjoyed it.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Another statisfied family here. Got there about 12 ish wandered round doing the treasure hunt, and were just commenting that we hadn't seen any players when all of the sudden the pitch was full of them. Highlight for the kids was meeting Castro, but gutted they didn't see Alex T. Kids also had photos with a few other players and like others have said all the players seemed so friendly.

One minor gripe was queueing for the drinks, I think at the time we were there, there was only 2 people serving in the captains bar and the queues were the width of the room.

Thanks for organising it Tigers and hope it becomes a regulsr event.
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

I had a great day. A couple of questions -

What did people think of the fashion show?

and

Did anyone see Johnno as he was there apparently?
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I thought it was an excellent idea and very decent of the club to put it on - however I would say there are a few learning opportunities if they were to do it again.

It appeared they underestimated ho many would come - in future this is what is required

1. more food outlets open - I could only find two (other than the ice cream van) and the quues were massive and I was not prepared to wait - inspite of being very hungry ideed.

2. More bars could be opened and more bar staff could be on

3. more events for younger children ( we waited for over and hour for face painting)

4. more events full stop - the waiting for everything seemed extraordinary

5. By all means even charge for some of the events (a small sum - £1 per event - to claw back some of the outlay ) but just put more stuff on

On the positive side - great to see the access to the players as ever (a real strength of the club and exactly what makes rugby great)

great idea - just just take the learninhs for the future
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

As an afterthought to your suggestion about minimal charges for some things, mightymouse, I was surprised that there was no charge for the Tigers car park. Surely a small charge to go to Hambo would have been acceptable to most people?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

Loved the day we Joshua,Lisa and myself had a great time.Lisa was pretty satisfied after gripping Alex Tuliagi in the changing room tour for a picture...is still carrying a silly smile every time she thinks about it.

Josh loved the punting (scored 20 points) and obstacle course and also meeting his friend Leicester Tiger.

I enjoyed pretty much everything speaking to Ben Herring, Tom Croft and Toby Flood and seeing Leon in the bar looking well really made my day.

It was a superb event and I am really looking forward to the season.

Harry Ellis will make a great cocktail waiter and Mr Erinle is a really nice guy and was laughing at the score on the board on the virtual stadium tour.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Alas I was unable to make it but am delighted that it was such a success.

An annual event it should be.

And next year I will bring my two grandsons who the will be aged 5 and 3.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

My only gripe is with the organiser/s of the 3D showing of the new Stadium, The club has disabled supporters too, who are just as interested in the future of the stadium as ablebodied fans. We were unable to view it as the ABC Bar had stairs.
keef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by keef »

my kids and i had a great day! got to see loads of players! got a great pic of alex and my son! held some of our silverware! fantastic day! loved it

well done tigers!
The Future's Bright,The Future's Stripey!
harry_rocks_yes_he_does
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by harry_rocks_yes_he_does »

Unfortunately I couldn't make it in the end either... :smt009 - glad everyone who went had an enjoyable day though! Fingers crossed there's another one at the start of next season!
Kirby Tigress

Open day

Post by Kirby Tigress »

1st open day I've been to so didn't know what to expect. Took a friend's daughter who is a big fan. We had a great time with fantsatci access to all the players. She had her shirt signed and photos taken with most of the players and they were all really nice and approachable. Great day - looking forward to next year. :smt001
Smile - its contagious ;)