If we care - Radio Leicester dropping Rugby fans eye view!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Carlaww

If we care - Radio Leicester dropping Rugby fans eye view!!!

Post by Carlaww »

I have just listened to Monica on Radio Leicester and hear they are dropping the rugby fans eye view from today, how long before the rugby hour disappears from its Wednesday night slot, a lot of us worked hard to get rugby recognised on local radio, and I for one would hate to see it go, what is the best way to let R L know how much we care about our sport, bombard them with E mails, telephone calls, or could we organise a petition of some kind,and who is the right person to contact, have to say niether Monica or Ian seemed please to see the end of fans eye view.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

If Radio Leicester wishes to become only a third rate local radio station, it is surely up to them.
I rarely listen to it.
johns
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by johns »

If we can get enough supporters to complain to9 the BBC they will have to take notice, please use this link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

The more they get the better.
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

Shedhead 1 here:

Just in support of local BBC Radio. Mine is Radio Gloucestershire and they have very close links with The Cherries and encourges fans to phone in and has Dean and Brian on the radio on a regular basis.

Good coverage.
Regards
Bob
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

shedhead1 wrote:Shedhead 1 here:

Just in support of local BBC Radio. Mine is Radio Gloucestershire and they have very close links with The Cherries and encourges fans to phone in and has Dean and Brian on the radio on a regular basis.

Good coverage.
Regards
Bob
Whether the coverage would be as good if you had a 'big' football club in the town, with a bit of history, is a completely different matter.
Carlaww

Post by Carlaww »

Totally agree John, we have to do this in numbers otherwise our rugby coverage is going to disappear again, just hope enough of us care.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

The Rugby Hour? It's more like the Rugby Fifty Minutes once you take out the news, travel updates and stories about the wendyballers.

How many times does the talk about rugby get put on hold so Daggers can talk to his mates about the cricket. Ok that doesn't happen much in December but it certainly does in April & May.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Don't get paranoid about rugby being singled out.

There used to be an excellent footie phone-in on Century that covered Forest, Leicester City and Derby and was co-hosted by Darren Fletcher, Kenny Burns, Roger Davies, Alan Birchenall and Gary Birtles.

It attracted their biggest number of listeners by a million miles but was dropped like a stone.

Why?

Cash.

Local radio is to consist of unpaid hopeless wannabe's spinning discs and taking phone calls from stupid callers talking about wheelie bins and lost cats.

It's Radio 5 or nowt, I'm afraid.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Radio? Is that the thing I have in my car? That I only tune into to get the rugby scores as I drive home from Tigers?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
bertie

Post by bertie »

Just emithered bbc. Told them if rugby off the list bbc radio leic off list. If every body reading this does the same it sould make a comeback. :smt023
death to the elvs
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Radio? Is that the thing I have in my car?
Mine's almost permanently tuned to Classic FM!
Except when I want the rugby results of course.

However I do have digital radio at home to listen to Tigers away matches (if Radio Leicester can manage to get it right).
Cyprus Tiger

Radio Leicester

Post by Cyprus Tiger »

Radio Leicester have always been the same about rugby if you want to listen to the game through them on saturday you usually have to have dab or do it on line when they were once tackled about this there explanation was well we spend a lot of money on football to cover all the games there so rugby has to come second. the only person you can contact is the controller of programmes but i dont think he will even break sweat over it they haven't up to now. I spose thats one cosolation for me now its either online or the telly when there on HAVE A GREAT SEASON C'MON YOU TIGERS.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Digital Radio? Is that what I get on my laptop?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007