Caucau to become a Tiger ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I still dont get how Nenes found this article.

Regular reader of the Fijian times?
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

It is essential we get him ............there is a massive pie mountain building up at Welford Road and Oval Park since the Andy Goode Waddled off to Brive .. something needs to be done to avert the crisis and this sounds like the man to sort it out.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Darc Tiger wrote:I still dont get how Nenes found this article.

Regular reader of the Fijian times?
It was put up on the Planet Rugby website by a Fijian user and possibly spread from there?

Also there are news casting websites which you can use to find all the Leicester Tigers news from around the world - tjs10 of multi-board fame put one up on the unoffy which i have promptly forgotten.
Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigris »

Planet Rugby now carrying this as a story (not sure if that's what you meant Kornboy, or whether it cropped up on the forum?)

http://tinyurl.com/5bj9bv

...we are short of wingers, though Leicester Mercury article with comments from Meyer indicates he has faith in the academy guys.

Would certainly be an exciting signing on many levels if anything comes of it.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

was on the forum tigris - but good find none the less.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

surely this is just one more example of rumour and conjecture, like the great Dan Carter debate. :smt017 :smt023
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

bwightman wrote: Plus what about the younger talents like Manu Tuilagi and Hurrel coming up through the ranks? If we don't play them they'll just go to a club who'll appreciate their talents.
Given that they are 17 and 18 respectively - i would have to seriously doubt their comitment if they left because this season wasnt their break through year - they are still both very young in rugby terms - though i agree they are both on fire right now.

Meyer said he has faith in the younger boys but these boys are very ..well, er.. young? and as suck a payer of Caucau's calibre probably wouldnt go amiss.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

salcombe bob wrote:surely this is just one more example of rumour and conjecture, like the great Dan Carter debate. :smt017 :smt023
did we even have a Dan Carter debate? i was fairly sure we were all in the knowledge he was going to France.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Not quite the same as the Dan Carter debate as at no point during Cartergate was it ever mentioned that Carter was travelling to Tigers to check out the set-up, nor that there was a draft contract on the table for him to sign.

However they have both been mentioned for Caucau.

I still won't believe it until I see it for myself but, unlike Carter, this one actually has a slim chance of being true as Caucau's wage demands are not going to be of lalaland proportions.
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

A newer article from the Fiji Times says that he will be coming to Leicester later in the week, alongside Seru's wife.

http://tinyurl.com/66rxkr
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

well here for a week, arriving friday - we've got a good 2 weeks-ish to wait for closure on this one.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

however -some positives from his coming over with Seru's wife - are Mr.Rabeni and Mr.Caucaunibuca friends?
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

The author of the 'Rupeni Caucau flying to Leicester for contract talks!!' thread on the unoffy states that Caucau is Seru's second cousin. Interesting :smt017

He's undoubtedly a truly great player but I don't like the sound of his attitude from what I've read.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Well the official Fiji rugby website says that Seru & Caucau are first cousins:

http://tinyurl.com/firstcousins

ie, they share a set of grandparents, as opposed to second cousins, who only share a set of great-grandparents
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Gibbo12 wrote: He's undoubtedly a truly great player but I don't like the sound of his attitude from what I've read.
indeed, his record when with Agen is not good - however apparently since recently getting married he's been changing hard and changed his mind set... he'll have to work VERY hard to get on here.