Matt O' Connor

Post by salcombe bob »

great news, could be really exciting. :smt023
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Yes! Yes! Yes!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

He has joined Tigers ???

What are fathers for justice going to do without their founder and leader now ;)
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Nice to see that the club are being consistent by announcing all major changes and signings via the BBC and Sky before communicating via the so called 'Official Tigers Website'. Keep up the good work Tigers... Numnuts... :smt017
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Tiger Dad, I guess it would be safe to say that Tigers would not have confirmed any appointment until the paperwork was fully signed.

However the BBC & Sky do not need to wait for this formality & can announce something as "fact" when in reality it is not yet 100% set in stone or maybe even simply rumour!

Tigers could hardly have announced weeks ago that they had signed up O'Connor if things like contracts, work visas etc were still pending could they?

What would it have looked like if they hadn't come through?
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

I take your point DaveA but there certainly seems to be a disconnect between the guys doing the deals and the clubs communication department. There is a history of our site being the last to announce official stuff to the official fans.

Surely we should be the first to know anything to do with our club??
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

BTW, I think Matt O'Connor will be a great signing. His attacking flair and game knowledge is just what we need. He will need to address our defence as we we're caught wanting on one too many occasions last season.
Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigris »

Tigerdad - to be fair, unless I'm missing something, the announcement on this website was at pretty much the same time as those on BBC etc.
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Sorry All

My mistake. I completely missed the announcement on our site which was actually 1hr 39mins before the BBC.

Great job Tigers Communication Dept.
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

In all honesty i missed it as well, so had another 'oh :bleep:' moment about the level of comms from Tigers....guess i should get my eyes checked / become a referee :smt002
NorthantsTiger

Post by NorthantsTiger »

Great news :smt005 cant wait for the start of the new season
"In Arduis Fidelius"
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

"I guess it would be safe to say that Tigers would not have confirmed any appointment until the paperwork was fully signed.

However the BBC & Sky do not need to wait for this formality & can announce something as "fact" when in reality it is not yet 100% set in stone or maybe even simply rumour!"

Indeed - if you were to believe the very certain-sounding Daily Mail a few weeks back, then you'd be very surprised indeed to see Biggs lining up for Leeds in the Middlesex Sevens instead of Leicester.

Announced as FACT... revealed as FICTION.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

4071 wrote: Indeed - if you were to believe the very certain-sounding Daily Mail a few weeks back, then you'd be very surprised indeed to see Biggs lining up for Leeds in the Middlesex Sevens instead of Leicester.

Announced as FACT... revealed as FICTION.
indeed, and the Times said it too - that must have been close atleast.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Good appointment for backs coach :smt023 and then he goes and spoils it all............

Paul Burke as kicking coach? :smt017 HOLY :censored: MOLY.

I mean Burke was only an average kicker at best,so he gets appointed to teach our kickers how to kick.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Nice. We have needed a proper dedicated backs coach for an age - this is really good stuff. If he's Meyer's choice, so much the better.

Still in need of a scrum-half coach/video analyst to replace Jamie Hamilton and a defence coach to replace Backy - or do we not really need them?