Salary deal for England Players

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Salary deal for England Players

Post by Bill W »

The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Jim__2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jim__2 »

Hopley said that with image rights on top, the players will earn £13,500 per game, with a potential yearly wage of £185,000 a season.
So the 13,500 per game would be added on top of the yearly wage?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Jim__2 wrote:
Hopley said that with image rights on top, the players will earn £13,500 per game, with a potential yearly wage of £185,000 a season.
So the 13,500 per game would be added on top of the yearly wage?
Negative. The match fees could add up to a yearly wage of £185K. Plus what they get from their club.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Jim__2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jim__2 »

That's what I thought, but it sounded like that on the article.
usurp4
Tiger Cub

Post by usurp4 »

Disgrace.

You should not get paid to represent your country. Pay them expenses so they don't lose out but otherwise, club pay & sponsorship deals should be their wage.
Jim__2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jim__2 »

But that all depends whether you are selected for every single England match in the season!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

usurp4 wrote:Disgrace.

You should not get paid to represent your country. Pay them expenses so they don't lose out but otherwise, club pay & sponsorship deals should be their wage.
So in your ideal world you believe that the clubs should pay their players to play for their country ..... when they are unavailable to play for their clubs?

And what, may I ask, do you suggest happen when the player concerned does not represent the club's home union? Last I looked Leicester receive no union funding for, say, Castro or Geordan.

Professionalism has long since killed off the 'ideal' of just playing for the honour of the shirt.
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

I agree completely BUT the politicians, councillors MEP's are all on a gravy train with fat salaries and over the top expenses - on the news yesterday one has claimed for surround sound TV at £1000!
Until these free loaders set an example..............

Makes me sick personally
May you be in heaven half an hour before the Devil knows you're dead!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

dailywaffle wrote: So in your ideal world you believe that the clubs should pay their players to play for their country ..... when they are unavailable to play for their clubs?

And what, may I ask, do you suggest happen when the player concerned does not represent the club's home union? Last I looked Leicester receive no union funding for, say, Castro or Geordan.

Professionalism has long since killed off the 'ideal' of just playing for the honour of the shirt.

DW, as far as I am aware, the clubs already do effectively pay their international players to play for their country as club salaries are not stopped or suspended when a player is on international duty!

Therefore in effect players on international duty are being paid by two different people when they are playing for England.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Martin Johnson's view on this, according to his auto-biog, was along the lines of playing just for the shirt was all well and good, as long as the RFU was not charging £75 a ticket and making huge profits from the player's images, ticket sales, merchandising etc. Which I think is a just view point.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Welcome to the forum daktari.

As ever Johnno makes an excellent point.

And Tickets for all but the Pacific Islands match are now £85.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Thanks for the welcome Bill.

£85 !!!! Good Lord on a bike! Is that without the 'admin fee'? Do the RFU live in the same world as the rest of us? Sorry, silly question.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

daktari wrote:Thanks for the welcome Bill.

£85 !!!! Good Lord on a bike! Is that without the 'admin fee'? Do the RFU live in the same world as the rest of us? Sorry, silly question.
Indeed, that does not include the admin fee.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Bill W wrote:
daktari wrote:Thanks for the welcome Bill.

Indeed, that does not include the admin fee.
I don't know why they don't just be done with it and take to sporting a couple of flintlocks, a mask and have a horse called Black Bess!
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

No, no! It's the Robber Baron!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007