western force tickets the poor have to pay

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

krwa
Tiger Cub

western force tickets the poor have to pay

Post by krwa »

Just noticed that if you have renewed your season ticket for 2 or 3 years you get free tickets to the game so just because I can not afford to renew for more than one season I am being penalised sorry but this is wrong
brooksey101

Post by brooksey101 »

It just for showing finacial commmitment to the club for the next 2 to 3 years.
:D TiGeRs RuLe!!!!:D
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

1 year renewal ST holder and members get a discount on the ticket price.
ST holders and members can also buy tickets for friends & family at the discounted rate too. £10 seats and £8 terrace for ST holders isn't a bad price at all in my view.
We chose to renew just for a year, but personally I feel that those who chose the 2 or 3 year option and thus invested more funds in the Club's future deserve to get the tickets free.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
krwa
Tiger Cub

Post by krwa »

Thats not the point we are all investing in the club whether it be for one two or three years so the rich go free and the rest have to pay
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Does this sort of marketting not happen everywhere?

Eg Certain Supermarkets give you 5p off a litre of fuel when you spend over £50 on shopping in the store.

Giving a free ticket for those who have bought 2/3 year deals is no different.

I will just be glad when the season starts. It has been a very long summer!!!!

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

krwa wrote:Thats not the point we are all investing in the club whether it be for one two or three years so the rich go free and the rest have to pay
Well, I don't consider myself "poor" by any means, we chose to renew for a year because we'd rather have the money in our account than the Club's :smt002 I don't begrudge free tix to those who renewed for 2 or 3 years at all.

You're right, Tigerbeat, it has seemed to be a very long summer! Roll on the start of the season :smt023
Demelza - another Mother
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: western force tickets the poor have to pay

Post by TigerCam »

krwa wrote:Just noticed that if you have renewed your season ticket for 2 or 3 years you get free tickets to the game so just because I can not afford to renew for more than one season I am being penalised sorry but this is wrong
Your'e right krwa. Those that bought more than one year ST got a discount, which in my mind is benefit enough for the commitment. To have free tickets as well is unfair to those that are cash-strapped in todays current economical climate. The rich get richer and the rest of us just carry on as best we can. So it will remain unfortunately.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

But it's only free tickets to one game!
Demelza - another Mother
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Re: western force tickets the poor have to pay

Post by dailywaffle »

TigerCam wrote:
krwa wrote:Just noticed that if you have renewed your season ticket for 2 or 3 years you get free tickets to the game so just because I can not afford to renew for more than one season I am being penalised sorry but this is wrong
Your'e right krwa. Those that bought more than one year ST got a discount, which in my mind is benefit enough for the commitment. To have free tickets as well is unfair to those that are cash-strapped in todays current economical climate. The rich get richer and the rest of us just carry on as best we can. So it will remain unfortunately.
Ah, the politics of envy. I've always considered that a dangerous road to travel; full of bitterness and self-pity.

I suppose that you also object to 3-yr ST holders having a 10% discount off all shop merchandise?
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

And also, the fact that 2 & 3 year renewers would get free tickets to home pre-season games was advertised in the original ST advertising literature that everyone got so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

I don't believe that the club are rewarding "the rich". They are instead rewarding those fans who agreed to commit their money for 2 or 3 seasons. As this commitment could have been made via a repayment scheme, it didn't need people to pay everything up front as in previous years.

The free ticket for 2 or 3 year ST renewers is just a perk for those willing to commit for longer, just as a discount for ST holders (compared to matchday prices) is a perk for those willing to commit to an ST for one year instead of buying individual tickets as the season progresses.

Do you consider your 1 year ST price discount unfair compared to individual matchday prices just because you are abile to afford paying for a full season when others cannot? The free WF ticket for 2 & 3 year renewers is just an extension of this.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

What Dave Angel said. Also, as a member but not season-ticket holder (can't guarantee getting up to enough matches to make ST viable), I got some good seats for me and the Gate Juniors for the friendly - better than I'd normally expect to be available for a GP match, and discounted too. Probably some poor slow-off-the-mark one-year ST holder's, but them's the breaks. :smt003
Tigerbear

Post by Tigerbear »

After a great deal of soul searching I went for the 3 year option because of the benefits offered. I am by no means rich and will have to forego any other luxuries for a long time to justify the expense but such is life. I say well done to the Tigers marketing team for pitching the offer just right to tempt enough people to prove the supporters long term financial commitment and help secure the funds for the ground development.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Grow up krwa.

The "free ticket" deal is an incentive for people to invest in longer term season tickets, one of the financial commitments required by the bank for the financing of the new stadium.

I would like a new car, but can't afford one - I don't expect someone to allow me to have more than I can afford. I have a season ticket for 1 year - its what I can afford.

You sound like one of the "I want it, and I want it now" generation. Wait. Save. Like the rest of us.
Valhalla I am coming!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Are you really worried about giving away free tickets for a PRE-SEASON game?

I'd understand your reasoning if say, we (yes, two year option, but simply to guarentee place next season) got free tickets to away HC game travel included but its only a friendly.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
SimW

Post by SimW »

Here's an opposing opinion;

Had there not been an option to pay monthly (i.e. 3 yr ticket) we wouldn't have been able to renew this year!

£600.00 in one hit by June would have been too much.

So it's not just the rich who bought the 3 yr ticket!