Is this site Xenophobic?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Is this site Xenophobic?

Post by Bill W »

Some time ago Charles and other Argentinian contributors were roundly abused on this site.

Now, SA Tiger is accused of not being South African despite being an Africaans speaker from Pretoria.

I worry.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

And yet, you, do sometimes go out of your way to spread a minor degree of anarchy in this forum yourself.

You do often seem to be at the center of some of these disagreements now.

So I think as much as your statement might be true in some cases, I think it is a bit rich coming from your good self.
Last edited by Darc Tiger on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

IIRC Ze Stade Fan (France) won a supporters' forum award last season, and Outlander (USA) is also a highly respected poster on here. To name but two.

So in answer to the thread title - obviously not.

I will leave it for others to decide whether or not posters of all nationalities are sometimes on the receiving end of some pretty mindless posts. Particularly in the off-season.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

In a word, no.

One or two users may be mildly xenophobic, but the site certainly is not, neither is the forum.

All nationalities are welcome, and are due respect and politeness - something which is often sadly lacking in this modern-day life.

This forum would be a much poorer place without our overseas contributers.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Concur totally Rizzo. But I worry nonetheless.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Darc Tiger wrote:And yet, you, do sometimes go out of your way to spread a minor degree of anarchy in this forum yourself.

You do often seem to be at the center of some of these disagreements now.

So I think as much as your statement might be true in some cases, I think it is a bit rich coming from your good self.
Anarchy? Me?

Well, maybe, in a very minor way.

I shall not mention that in England we spell "center" centre. And I shall not challenge your Country of Origin.

I welcome all contributors from all countries and of all nationalities.

I worry when they get "picked on"!

I do not mind when I do. And I plead guilty to "picking on" DA. Because he is a soft target.

I do think that as a forum we could be more welcoming of overseas contributors though. And that includes the Welsh and Scots!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I hate all this Xenophobia nonsense - I heard it was them foreigners wot started it all.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

This site is not xenophobic. Moreover, this idea that people were roundly abused is plain false. Where do you dream these things up? What this board is becoming, however, is the bill show. That one person dominates every thread without actually saying much of relevance is just tedious. It is actually boring me to the point where i actually feel less inclined to visit this forum. A forum i used to moderate for a team i have held a season ticket for 15 of my 25 years alive. If bill posted less and said more he would be doing everyone a favour, not least himself.
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Agreed. Whats an outsider from Essex doing on here anyway????
Castrogiovanni
Tiger Cub

Post by Castrogiovanni »

I'm Italian and not English but however I support Tigers. I think that Xenophobia in sports it's a bad way...
Italian Fan of Martin Castrogiovanni
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

madoqua wrote:Agreed. Whats an outsider from Essex doing on here anyway????
*Cough* I'm from Essex (near enough)
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
bandido58

Post by bandido58 »

Iain wrote:This site is not xenophobic. Moreover, this idea that people were roundly abused is plain false. Where do you dream these things up? What this board is becoming, however, is the bill show. That one person dominates every thread without actually saying much of relevance is just tedious. It is actually boring me to the point where i actually feel less inclined to visit this forum. A forum i used to moderate for a team i have held a season ticket for 15 of my 25 years alive. If bill posted less and said more he would be doing everyone a favour, not least himself.
Iain
You don't realise it but what you are actually saying is that, because you don't particularly like Bill or his views he ought to shut up. This then turns the forum into the Iain show!!
The problem currently seems to me to be that there are a number of people on this forum who post in a patronising and sometimes condescending way, especially to newcomers, and belittle anyone who disagrees with their opinion. The idea of a forum is for everyones views to be aired with equal weight and surely all have a right to contribute.
once a tiger always a tiger
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

I don't know what this is all about, but I'm a Dub and I support Leicester Tigers - nothing will ever change that :smt003
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

What's a fear of Xylophone's got to do with it..? :smt017

i'll get my coat........
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Iain wrote:This site is not xenophobic. Moreover, this idea that people were roundly abused is plain false. Where do you dream these things up? What this board is becoming, however, is the bill show. That one person dominates every thread without actually saying much of relevance is just tedious. It is actually boring me to the point where i actually feel less inclined to visit this forum. A forum i used to moderate for a team i have held a season ticket for 15 of my 25 years alive. If bill posted less and said more he would be doing everyone a favour, not least himself.
Agree totally. I hardly visit these days because every single thread is dominated by Bill's posting. Iain is spot on, it's totally tedious.

Whilst I recognise that Bill knows his stuff (although not to the extent he thinks) I feel that any forum should be representative of the fans, and as things stand ours is not. By all means continue to participate Bill, but don't hijack every thread. Posters like me just get fed-up with it and stop posting.

And this board is not at all xenophobic. If Andy Goode and Leon Lloyd were foreign though...