South African view on Mr. Meyer!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SA Tiger
Tiger Cub

South African view on Mr. Meyer!!

Post by SA Tiger »

I am open for any questions on your/our new coach Mr. Meyer......
Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigris »

Welcome SA Tiger - from the tone of your posts on other thread, I hope Tigers recent reputation for treatment of coaches hasn't given you too much cause for concern!

I think people here are excited about Meyer and looking forward to the new season.

Tell us what you think we can expect from Meyer and from our new 10 in terms of playing style.
SA Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by SA Tiger »

Mr. Meyer is a student of the game. By now he would have done a study of the team and resources available. He will then coach to the teams strengths. By no means think that he will play conservatively as the Bulls scored the most tries in Super14 2007 under his leadership. He has Houghaard there now, and one thing that I can tell you about him is that he can take controle of a game with his skill set.

I will tell you this much. I cant wait to see the fans reactions once you realize what a assit he is.

And a nother thing. He wont only coach the first team and that is it. He believes strongly in bringing young tallent trough the age groups.

Here is something intresting to know about Mr. Meyer and the tipe of coach he is:

During the camp the Spring Boks had in 2007 before the Worldcup. Each player was asked to name the one person in their lives that made a difference/mentor. Most of the players then named their dads, wifes vriends ect. BUT, 99% of the Bulls team that he coached, named him as the one person that made their lives.

Bakkies Botha has been known to tell the press that Mr. Meyer was the reason he is what he is today. And that he would run trough walls for Mr. Meyer.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Hi SA Tiger
I am seriously looking forward to seeing Hougaard in action and Meyer is a seriously good coach as his record with the Blue Bulls and South Africa clearly shows. Do you follow the Currie Cup? as I am fascinated by some of the lesser known teams running the bigs boys close. I welcome your take on this and bid you welcome to the Leicester Tigers Forum.

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Philip J Gray
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Hi SA Tiger - As you probably know we had an indifferent year last year in terms of consistancy.

How do you think Matt O'Connor and John McFarland will fit in? (I think im right is saying they've now joined) We've got a talented backline but we need some new ideas, get them gelling and looking consistantly dangerous..
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Have they joined? They are certainly rumoured to be joining but I have seen no officail announcement!

Oh and a belated welcome from me too SA Tiger. Looking forward to the Lions Tour!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Tigerbear

Post by Tigerbear »

Hi SA Tiger
You have probably picked up on the threads regarding our player banned for 9 weeks for playing in charity tournaments whilst being banned for 14 weeks.
What do you think Mr Mayers reaction to this will be?
Bubbles

Post by Bubbles »

If SA Tiger is really from South Africa how come he can't spell Hougaard, or more to the point Springboks, correctly?

I smell something 'fishy'.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Bubbles wrote:If SA Tiger is really from South Africa how come he can't spell Hougaard, or more to the point Springboks, correctly?

I smell something 'fishy'.

Well I don't.

There are plenty of Tigers fans who were not able to correctly spell the names of Tigers or England players/coaches!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Dave Angel wrote:There are plenty of Tigers fans who were not able to correctly spell the names of Tigers or England players/coaches!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

And there are lots of apparantly English speakers who insist on splitting infinitives!!!

A curse on you!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Bill W wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

And there are lots of apparantly English speakers who insist on splitting infinitives!!!

A curse on you!!!

Before you criticise too much Bill would you care to check your spelling of the word "apparently"?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Negative!!! Keyboard errors and bad english usage are totally different.

But of course you in always nit picking would not be appreciating what this about is or the meaning of which it is of.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Bill, as it happens I was actually assisting in this thread by supporting the assetion that SA Tiger was genuine.

You were the first to deviate from the topic and nit pick on grammar, not me. Also, poor spelling (it wasn't a "keyboard error" as a & e are not next to each other on the keyboard!) is as bad as a grammatical error in my opinion.

Either way, I am not in the mood for an argument on something as petty as this when the original poster was clearly trying to be helpful so if you wish to continue your grammatical crusade can you please do it on your own thread and leave this one to the original topic under discussion please?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

for the love of god stop them...
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I am delighted to stop kornboy. But Da is so easy to wind up? He cannot comrehend, for instance that some of us type with more thn two fingers!

SA Tigers input IMHO is most valuable as I said previously and also previously said!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007