Video of press conference at Brive - Goodey

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Video of press conference at Brive - Goodey

Post by Tigris »

The Brive website has footage of the press conference presenting Andy - it may have been around for a while, but I've only just spotted it.

Worth a quick look if for no other reason than to see him having a crack at French...and then giving up!

The video seems to play automatically when you open the home page http://tinyurl.com/5s25nr

Andy's bit is about 3/4 of the way along (no timer on the player)

Actually quite sad watching it to be honest - still feels like he's a Tiger
adytiger2000

Post by adytiger2000 »

he'll obviously need to improve his french a bit, was it just me or does he look like he's lost weight, must be the foreign food
Adytiger2000
Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigris »

He did look in pretty good nick - hs chin was almost chiseled (and singular).

Loved his Midlands-accented French
SA Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by SA Tiger »

Good day...

I am new on your forum. I am from SA and huge fan of MR. Meyer. I guess that makes me a new Tiger fan....
bigted

Post by bigted »

good day to u SA tiger.
martin johnson for the knighthood!
SA Tiger
Tiger Cub

Tigris

Post by SA Tiger »

Those of you that don't know Mr. Meyer, just give the man a chance. The man is a legend in SA. The only reason he is not the Spring Bok coach now is because goverment here forced SA RUGBY to pick a black coach.
SA Tiger
Tiger Cub

Bigted

Post by SA Tiger »

Good day Bigted....

Who did Tigers buy in the off season?
SA Tiger
Tiger Cub

Bigted

Post by SA Tiger »

I see Tigers bought Flood and Houghaard....
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Tigris wrote: Loved his Midlands-accented French
Et pourquoi q'est ce que le problem avec l'accent midlands en francias me duck?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Video of press conference at Brive - Goodey

Post by TigerS2 »

Tigris wrote:The Brive website has footage of the press conference presenting Andy - it may have been around for a while, but I've only just spotted it.

Worth a quick look if for no other reason than to see him having a crack at French...and then giving up!

The video seems to play automatically when you open the home page http://tinyurl.com/5s25nr

Andy's bit is about 3/4 of the way along (no timer on the player)

Actually quite sad watching it to be honest - still feels like he's a Tiger

Aww I am missing him already. I thought he was a Tiger through and through. It won't be the same without him. :smt010
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

ha :smt005 He really can't speak french! i wonder how he'll communicate with the rest of the french players in the french team hes going to be playing for in the key decision making and communicational role of fly half

i'll probably get some stick for saying this but, good riddance! he did play well occasionally and he did kick is into the premiership final but i will never forget his awful kicking and rubbish defending. but the best thing is that now i don't have to be worried about how bad he is because hes playong for a french team. i'll have a go at checking the french forums so i can have a laugh at the brive supporters moaning about him!
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigris »

I think he was definitely in the love-him or hate-him catagory.

You are right, he had some shockers, but he also had some truly great moments - I am having an optomistic day, so choose to remember the latter :smt001

Communication side of things will indeed be interesting, but fair play to him for giving it a crack - I think he'll do well there.
filthefinger

Post by filthefinger »

Poor kicking and rubbish defending! What games were you watching! Certainly none that I watched and I have been watching Rugby at Welford Road for the last 25 years. Andy Goode was one of the better players to have played for the Tigers and was certainly a good defender and a good kicking flyhalf who enjoyed much success over the years. I think Captain insanio should watch out for the men in white coats who are possibly waiting for him after his escape from the local looney bin!
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

i have only been a tigers fan for the last two seasons, and a dedicated fan last season. i base my statement on what i saw last season. he may have had an awesome career before me following tigers, but i simply wouldn't have seen it
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!