Leon, Andy, whose next?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GS
Super User
Super User

Leon, Andy, whose next?

Post by GS »

First it was Leon Lloyd who was the whipping boy for many on here, to such an extent that he contemplated leaving, now he has. All this despite being one of the best defensive backs in the country and being considered good enough for the Tigers first team by 3 managers, including the great Deano.

Then Andy Goode came into their sights and every poor game the team played was all his fault and nothing to do with the other 14. And regardless of him being the top scorer in the Prem. My mate even stated 'we won't win anything with him at 10'. This after Goode playing at 10 in Paris for the 1st HC win and Tigers nearly winning everything the other season. No doubt that 200,000 smackers has a lot to do with it, but he was unhappy according to Peter Tom. Now he's gone.

Well, boys and girls, who will it be next? There have been indications that Mauger's card is marked by some on here. Before Leon left I asked the guys who sit behind us who they would hate if Leon did leave and without a second's delay they both answered 'Dan Hipkiss', they obviously had a plan. In fairness that opinion has changed.

So over to you.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Sorry, the title should read 'who's next' of course.
gman

Post by gman »

Sorry, the fans are responsible for Goode and Lloyd leaving by pointing out their failings? Are you suggesting the opinion of people on here matters one iota to the management or players? They are professional sportsmen, can you imagine them citing 'negative comments on a supporters forum' as a reason to move on?!

If the fans really were that influential, why wasn't ML given another season as so many of us on here called for? or do we just influence the players negatively?
:smt017
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

I agree with gman. I think the fans' sphere of influence is greatly over-estimated.

I shall refrain from comment about AG going until it is officially confirmed which will will be about 11 o'clock tomorrow morning, by all accounts.
:smt002
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I wasn't suggesting that the fans are solely responsible for a player deciding to leave, or that we shouldn't criticize players, just pointing out that over recent years some players have attracted more than their fair share of criticism. The question is who will be picked on next?
eales92
Tiger Cub

Post by eales92 »

Why would these people 'hate' Hipkiss now then by the wayy?? slightly puzzled!
Hipkiss is King
Juan Martin Hernandez Come On Down :)
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

They don't, their opinion has changed since then. The point is that they had to have someone to have a go at and had the next one lined up.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

GS wrote:They don't, their opinion has changed since then. The point is that they had to have someone to have a go at and had the next one lined up.
so you're throwing us in with two people who sound pretty idiotic who sit behind you?

Leons game was fatally flawed - he was good in defense but lacked finishing skills and left of his own accord - he was NOT unpopular when he left.

Goode, like many players has his supporters and his detractors - but the facst remain he is great when he's great - but SO inconsistant and his goal kicking hasnt exactly been great this season. With the money on offer from Brive being reportedly £200k and Toby Flood coming in - probably pushing Goode to 2nd choice who can blaim him for leaving?

Your arguement that the Fans "love to pick on somone" is flawed.
quincy

Post by quincy »

Goodey is going for one reason only and that is financial.
Rugby players have a short career.
The wages in France are huge compared with the wages here.
He may not want to go but no one in their right mind would turn such a move down when it may well mean financial stability for life.
We shall continue to lose players for the same reason until English clubs can match the wage clout of the French.
The same goes for international players who individually earn some £100,000 per season to play for a governing body who take some £5 million per match at Twickenham. Who takes the bangs and bruises and who brings in the spectators. Not the RFU panel, thats for sure.
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Leons game was fatally flawed - he was good in defense but lacked finishing skills and left of his own accord - he was NOT unpopular when he left.
Kornboy130, just to be sure in my mind, did we have 2 Leon's playing at Tigers?!?!?
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
glenn

Post by glenn »

leons major flaw was catching a ball, and the other would be tackeling a man. as a winger cum center he could do neither!
Goodey however is very hit and miss, when hes good hes the best around but on a bad day hes :censored: awful! thats why the fans including me have got on their backs, i pay my money and support my team but if they are :censored: do i not have a right to say this?
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

and the other would be tackeling a man
I don't believe it, there mus have been 3 Leon's playing for Tigers. Damn and blast it, I must stay of the Guinness when I am at Welford Road in future. Obviously significant parts of the my memory are missing.....
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

jgriffin, i have to say rather then pick out the players flaws maybe we should look at why and some of your points are more to do with the tactics and not the players as these guys did so much better the season before and maybe this is why ML only lasted as long as he did.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

goode screaming at others to play keep ball!

That would be rich from a bloke who constantly kicks good ball away down the throats of the opposition who promptlyu turn defence into attack