It's Official... Welcome to Heyneke Meyer

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Bill W wrote:
Seems Backy took up your suggestion also Pete (that he gain experience elsewhere!)
Yes, I was pleased about that also! :smt001

I'm sure, if he is successful at coaching elsewhere, there will come a time in the future when Backy takes the head coach job at Tigers, and brings as much success as he did in his playing days. :smt001
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Pete wrote:Bill W wrote:
Seems Backy took up your suggestion also Pete (that he gain experience elsewhere!)
Yes, I was pleased about that also! :smt001

I'm sure, if he is successful at coaching elsewhere, there will come a time in the future when Backy takes the head coach job at Tigers, and brings as much success as he did in his playing days. :smt001
We shall look forward to that together Pete and in the meantime look forward to Mr. Meyer lifting Tigers to new and unprecidented levels.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

We will!
:smt001 :smt001 :smt001
WiganTiger

Post by WiganTiger »

Heaven forbid Tigers losing the first match of next season - the knives will be out you can be sure
Leicester: Home to Premiership Rugby, First Class Cricket (we;;, sort of) and Third Division Football
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

WiganTiger wrote:Heaven forbid Tigers losing the first match of next season - the knives will be out you can be sure
Do you mean the supporters' knives WT or Cockerill's? my bet is on the later to be honest!!
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Nik wrote:
Do you mean the supporters' knives WT or Cockerill's? my bet is on the later to be honest!!
How long will Cocky stay at Tigers?

2:3 3 months or less
1:5 3-6 months
1:1 6-12 months
10:1 bar
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

Daily Waffle I owe you a beer! Very pleased about Meyer. I think he will be very good for us!
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I will reserve judgement until we see what style his team play, because to be honest the Bulls have been dull beyond belief & totally unsuited to the ELV's.

Good luck but I have my reservations.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Can he swear in English so that he can communicate properly with the players in the pre-match talk?? Or maybe that's why they were looking at an Aussie backs coach as well?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

[quote="gkbradley"]Can he swear in English so that he can communicate properly with the players in the pre-match talk?

One understands he is well versed in the aglo saxon!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Snowdrop

New Coach

Post by Snowdrop »

I too would also like to add a warm welcome to Mr Meyer. I look forward to hearing his vision for the future. Hopefully he will make more use of the attacking talent within the squad. Forward dominance has its place at WR, but last season proved that the more successful sides used their back line to more effect than we did. We have the talent to be expansive, and the new coach should be the man to unleash it.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

SabreTooth wrote:Daily Waffle I owe you a beer! Very pleased about Meyer. I think he will be very good for us!
Thank you, I shall be in the Captains Bar. Waiting. :smt002
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Mine's a guinness!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Capricorn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Capricorn »

Well, if he is a Bok, he will be a hard man who will stand no messing.What we need.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Capricorn wrote:Well, if he is a Bok, he will be a hard man who will stand no messing.What we need.
Absolutley, pit Cockers in his place!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007