stadium plans

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

panna

stadium plans

Post by panna »

doing a bit of surfing in my spare time i`ve come across this site showing plans for the new stadium
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=558617

scroll down to user mph12 for more views
panna

stadium plans

Post by panna »

if this link does not work try google images, type in leicester tigers go to page 9 skyscrapercity .com
rugfan

Post by rugfan »

Does anyone know if this has started yet,are they taking down the members stand? I don't live in the area so have not been past the ground to see
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

When I went past the ground a week or two ago it didn't seem as though anything new had started. Certainly nothing visible anyway... it may be that preparation work that we can't see has begun but other than that, no idea.

I noticed the temporary stand was still up though, which I found odd as usually it goes over the summer.
bandido58

Post by bandido58 »

I think I read somewhere that work was due to begin in the next couple of weeks.
Apparently the new stand shell is being built around the members stand, which will be demolished at the end of next season to allow the new stand to be filled in.
once a tiger always a tiger
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerben »

although there may not look like much going on from the outside, i'm sure theres alot that needs doing inside, eg seats taken off, bars stripped down, electrics, PA system, advertising boards removed, etc all of which takes time.
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

tigerben wrote:although there may not look like much going on from the outside, i'm sure theres alot that needs doing inside, eg seats taken off, bars stripped down, electrics, PA system, advertising boards removed, etc all of which takes time.

But they are building around the members stand, not demolishing it first. Those internal jobs (removal of cpper piping, safe removal of asbestos etc.) won't be done for a while.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Don`t mention copper piping or every scrapman (legal or illegal) will be circling Welford Rd! Watchout for those flatback trucks!!!
Keep standing areas in the new stadium!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

GT1 wrote:Don`t mention copper piping or every scrapman (legal or illegal) will be circling Welford Rd! Watchout for those flatback trucks!!!
Ah, you mean all them scruffy gypsies from High Wycombe?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

I think the PC reply is you can say what you want but I couldn`t posibly comment.
Keep standing areas in the new stadium!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

GT1 wrote:I think the PC reply is you can say what you want but I couldn`t posibly comment.
And was that not Eoin Reddan wanting to tarmac me drive yesterday?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bearded.Biker
Tiger Cub

Post by Bearded.Biker »

I was in the ground the other day and everything inside is just as it was after the last match of the season.... with the exception of the playing surface that looks to have been re-seeded. I just wish my lawn looked that good.

The day care centre has been demolished and levelled to make way for a car park so I understand. I hope they finish it off as it is a bit lumpy just now.

It looks like the work done behind the next stand was to stabilise the ground. The surface was removed a few weeks ago to expose the cellars of Granby Hall so obviously they were not properly filled in last time around.

As for the temporay stand which is a bit more substantial than in previous years, I would imagine the cost to dismantle and then re-erect a couple of months later would exceed the extra couple of months rental to leave it where it is.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

I always thought the 'temporary' stand had to come down in the summer to qualify as temporary. Something to do with the planning permission. Could be wrong, not for the first time.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

GS, think its more to do with the fact you pay per month for a temporary stand for the time that it is there. If it is down for the summer you don't have to pay three months rent on it!

Perhaps a deal was struck with the company they rent it from?