Ewen McKenzie to coach Stade, official

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Ewen McKenzie to coach Stade, official

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

according to Stade offical website, former Waratah maestro will head coach Stade Français next season as the rumour had it.

Unlike previously said, he won't have a deputy which means neither our forward coach Landreau nor the presumed back row coach Dominici will stay at the club.

Question from the floor : is it reasonable to announce this at night two days before a semi final ? :smt017

edit : it seems that Landreau is staying as coach of the forwards without the name of deputy coach (?)
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Well at least it has been announced ZSF! At Tigers the silence is positively deafening!

Dr. Parkinson (him with the laws) would suggest that this is to confuse us into thinking the selection process is both thorough and extensive.

Of course, we know that they made their minds up weeks ago - they are just not letting on!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Exactly right Bill. Peter Tom has said that every man and his dog has applied for the post.And therefore the job will end up going to Back. They scoured the world last time to look for a coach only to end up hiring from within and nothing will have changed this time round.

If Tigers had ambitions and wanted to move forward with the times they wouldn't keep sticking with the old boys network. They should look out side of the box and bring in an outsider then tell Back and Cockerill and any players if you are not prepared to back the coach then you know where the door is.

Alas it won't happen and they already have there "insider" lined up but are holding back on the announcement just to make us think they are interviewing every man and his dog.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Tigers Head Coach

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I vote for the dog
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

don't think Brian Moore (pit bull ) has applied
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

But we could do far worse - I am sure his dressing room talks would be worth hearing!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers Head Coach

Post by Kinoulton »

voice of the crumbie wrote:I vote for the dog
A Border Collie might get the backs into some sort of formation.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Maybe a rotwieller would be more effective?

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

g wrote:Exactly right Bill. Peter Tom has said that every man and his dog has applied for the post.And therefore the job will end up going to Back. They scoured the world last time to look for a coach only to end up hiring from within and nothing will have changed this time round.(1)

If Tigers had ambitions and wanted to move forward with the times they wouldn't keep sticking with the old boys network. They should look out side of the box and bring in an outsider then tell Back and Cockerill and any players if you are not prepared to back the coach then you know where the door is.(2)

Alas it won't happen and they already have there "insider" lined up but are holding back on the announcement just to make us think they are interviewing every man and his dog.(3)
1.We appointed Marcelo - he was barely from within now was he? Nor Was Howard if you remember... so this is wrong.

2.I very much doubt Tigers do not have ambitions and i would also suggest that the board are in a much better position than you to decide who it is to fulfill these ambitions.

3.I can tell you for a FACT that interviews have been going on this week. So did somone with supposedly (wrong) inside info tell you this or are you just spouting rubbish for the sake of being pessimistic?

Why do you support tigers if you seem to be unhappy about every facet of the club?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

[quote="kornboy1301.We appointed Marcelo - he was barely from within now was he? Nor Was Howard if you remember... so this is wrong. And then we fired him six months later.

2.I very much doubt Tigers do not have ambitions and i would also suggest that the board are in a much better position than you to decide who it is to fulfill these ambitions. Well of course they are, and will be judged in how well they fulfill their responsibilities.
3.I can tell you for a FACT that interviews have been going on this week. So did somone with supposedly (wrong) inside info tell you this or are you just spouting rubbish for the sake of being pessimistic? Tigers would not be the first enterprise to conduct interviews prior to appointing the person selected ahead of those interviews.
Why do you support tigers if you seem to be unhappy about every facet of the club? Because I want them to achieve the shared ambition of being the best club in the world

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Interviews have been held this week
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Ben the Tiger wrote:Interviews have been held this week
That is really encouraging. To establish a short short list and re-interview or to rubber stamp the de facto decision?

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

If I remember rightly kornboy, when Dean Richards left Peter Wheeler left on his worldwide jolly jaunt looking for the top candidate to replace Richards only to end up appointing from within. Wells finally got the job when Tigers finally realised that no coach would touch Tigers with a barge pole.

Then when Wells left Tigers did exactly the same thing and then asked Howard to bail them out. Tigers are frightened of change and until they decide to stop recruiting from within then they will continue to go backwards and watch teams overtake them.

And what a stupid question. I can state my opinion on the club without you asking me why I support them for questioning what they do. It's all ready been stated that White will probably not get the job because Tigers will not allow him to bring in who he wants.Because they want to keep the coaching staff from within.

History is again repeating itself and Tigers will have conducted all these interviews only to hire someone from within who, Bill has already suggested has probably been lined up weeks ago.
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

Back to Ewen Mackenzie. I'm surprised he's signed for Stade as he is not the most goodlooking of chaps! Can you imagine him being in the Stade de Dieux calendar??? :smt003
Maybe Max is breaking the mould in which case can we have JMH at the end of his contract next season and all the other lovelies there and swap with some of our more uglier ones????? I will refrain with who as I am a woman of discretion.............. :smt002

As far as the Tigers coaching argument is concerned then if they want to keep backroom staff then they are replicating the England setup and we all know where that has led them!!!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

g wrote:If I remember rightly kornboy, when Dean Richards left Peter Wheeler left on his worldwide jolly jaunt looking for the top candidate to replace Richards only to end up appointing from within. Wells finally got the job when Tigers finally realised that no coach would touch Tigers with a barge pole.

Then when Wells left Tigers did exactly the same thing and then asked Howard to bail them out. Tigers are frightened of change and until they decide to stop recruiting from within then they will continue to go backwards and watch teams overtake them.

And what a stupid question. I can state my opinion on the club without you asking me why I support them for questioning what they do. It's all ready been stated that White will probably not get the job because Tigers will not allow him to bring in who he wants.Because they want to keep the coaching staff from within.

History is again repeating itself and Tigers will have conducted all these interviews only to hire someone from within who, Bill has already suggested has probably been lined up weeks ago.
Bringing in somone mid season, especially unexpectedly was not really a viable option - Wells was the right man and his results showed this.

When we recruited Howard he was not at Tigers - barely crecruiting form within, yes he had experience of tigers but he was not appointed form within - and as it turns out he wern't exactly a bad coach was he?

Tom has said he wants a "Tigers Eleemnt" - that does NOT mean the current tigers boys definately retaining their positions - White is still in the running last time i checked.

And so what? why does appointing from within bother you so? its worked in the past and it could work again - why not wait for the results?