Tigers looking OUTSIDE for new coach...

Post by kornboy130 »

http://tinyurl.com/3rxe9n

Good stuff then...
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

interesting bit for me was the bit about the away kit..... wheres a picture then is it me?
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

Not to sure with how good it is, when you look into the least few years the club have always promoted with-in and we have had alot of good rugby and won alot of silverware but then we look outside with ML and the team falls apart...... is it going to be good or would all the peeps slagging off Backy and Cockers put there hands up and say "i was wrong" if they get the job and the club does well??
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

people on here are seldom wrong.... misguided maybe but seldom wrong...
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

We don't have a great record with coaches from outside.

Dwyer?
Loffreda?

I just think it needs to be someone who understands that Tigers is a club first and a business second.

And where are pictures of this new strip???
gman

Post by gman »

kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

the new away strip is sky blue i believe - call me odd but i would have quite liked pink.
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 1966 »

Jake White, 44

Background: Achieved the ultimate success of lifting the 2007 World Cup with South Africa against a difficult political backdrop.

Pros: Last season's achievements with the national team. A proven winner.

Cons: Would most likely want to bring coaching team with him and Tigers are apparently keen on keeping a Leicester backroom connection.

If the board are reluctant to back any new coach who comes form outside of the club then we have no choice but to accept internal appointments for the forseable future.

I fear however that this will leave us as the perennial underachievers, beaten by the more forward thinking clubs who embrace change.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

kornboy130 wrote:the new away strip is sky blue i believe - call me odd but i would have quite liked pink.
You're odd.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Easty

Post by Easty »

1966 ~ spot on, I said it when Brian Ashton was appointed to England......WHat 'top level' coach accepts a job where he hasn't even got the power to appoint his own 'support' team.

Jake White ~ proven track, winning the world cup......so did Dwyer

Big John ~ Yes, I'll willingly put my hands up & say I was wrong if they deliver, but lets not forget Cockers has been part of a coaching team who's teams have underperformed in numerous finals. If that's the boards decision then fine, but I hope to see the same reaction if we don't 'suceed' within their first season.

Away kit ~ I thought the ruling was that 'every club' with the exception of Quins had to have a predominantly 'white' away strip to avoid the disasters that used to happen with Dark Blues / Greens /Blacks in bad conditions
To The Board ~ you have one season to prove you've got this decision right. More than you gave Marcelo
Capricorn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Capricorn »

The old adage " a new broom sweeps clean" is very pertinent. If a new coach comes he would want his own staff to work with him. That is the problem of taking on staff in-situ, better to start afresh. I can't see that happening , quite frankly.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Easty wrote: Away kit ~ I thought the ruling was that 'every club' with the exception of Quins had to have a predominantly 'white' away strip to avoid the disasters that used to happen with Dark Blues / Greens /Blacks in bad conditions
thought it was pre-dominantly light coloured.. wuss had a light blue one last season i think
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Dwyer may have upset a few people but he put in place a team that won. Sure Deano had taken over by then but he inherited a good team & put the finishing touches to it. However when it came for the time to change and build or evolve a new team he struggled to do that & ultimately went.

We still haven't produced the sort of performances of that era in spite of a potentially more individually talented side.
Fat Prop.

Post by Fat Prop. »

Can't help thinking that looking outside for the new coach is the way forward! :smt023 hopefully if he wants his own coaching team in place then the board must have the faith to back him up so that we can become the top of the pile again and not the nearly team of the last few seasons. :smt002
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

We don't have a great record with coaches from outside.

Pat Howard was from outside, and he had a great record. Sure he played for Tigers a couple of seasons at the end of his career, and was excellent in the second one. But first and foremost, he was an outsider with ideas and imagination developed far away from the Tigers.

Bob Dwyer upset a few people (no doubt some needed upsetting) but began the organisation that led to the four most successful seasons.

Loffreda was not given the time, or his own coaches, to develop the club at all. So we shall never know if he would have been successful in the longer term.

I think we do have a great record with outsiders, certainly better than most insiders.