NZ police investigate England team

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

NZ police investigate England team

Post by dailywaffle »

Storm in a teacup? NZ media getting their own back? Let's hope so.
BREAKING NEWS: Police are investigating a "serious allegation" against up to four England rugby players at the centre of an alleged incident in a private room at the Hilton Hotel following Saturday's game against the All Blacks.

Auckland City police spokeswoman Noreen Hegarty said Auckland CIB were investigating an incident which allegedly happened in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Ms Hegarty would not comment on what the allegation was other than to say it was of a serious nature nor whether the person who made the allegation was a female.

Hilton management had been spoken to by police, she said.

Ms Hegarty said no formal complaint had been made and unless someone was able to collaborate the allegation and back-up it up it could "end up going nowhere".

The players at the centre of the allegations were with their team in Christchurch, while detectives worked on the case in Auckland, she said.

Hilton management would not comment when contacted by NZPA.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Link removed
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Glad someones taken the match display as criminal. Perhaps they are looking at Randrew under the trades description act!
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Storm in a Tea Cup

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Let's hope this is just a storm in a tea cup.

It's not what rugby wants or needs.

After all we don't want to get viewed like the prima donna idiot footballers do we?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Just while I'm here and have experience of these kind of threads coming up from when I moderated (apologies to Rizzo and Tigerbeat for stealing their thunder).

I know nobody has yet, but please do not speculate on the identity of the players under investigation or the offence that has allegedly been committed. This would be LIBELLOUS at this stage and could potentially get this forum (and the club) in a lot of trouble, and possibly even have it closed down.

The moderators I'm sure will watch this thread closely, please make their life easy by taking on board what I said.
Buff
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Buff »

Agree entirely that no speculation should appear over the identity of the players involved. However, not all comment is necesarily libellous, Ian. There is a world of difference between "Was it x" and "It was x!!".
BrianB
Tiger Cub

Post by BrianB »

Oh dear
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Just to clarify/reiterate what Iain said. Anyone naming names allegedly involved will find their posts edited. At present it is a vague news story of rumour and supposition, but even if there are names given in speculation in the UK or world press, posts containing such things can and almost certainly will be edited on here.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

I did hear they are thinking about prosecuting Charlie Hodgson for imitating an international fly half :smt002

On a serious note, I pray this isn't another Leicester City Softball and Spanish Hooker incident.

Exactly what rugby doesn't need. :smt018
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
Bruce Hornby-Trainset

Post by Bruce Hornby-Trainset »

Just heard more details. Apparently a Phillipino maid has beaten up three England backs who had left their bedrooms extremely untidy. The complaint was made by a fourth player who had burst into tears after being told by the maid that he might have to play against the All Blacks on Saturday following a training injury to Toby Flood.
This year I'm on the Whisky diet. It really works - last week I lost three days!
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

^^quality :smt005
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

this report talks of the type of allegation. so probably best left alone until the facts come out.
"I don't recall Boondock posting inflammatory comments on here. I can see nothing wrong with him, except for him being a Saint..." westy154 18/03/08
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

whatever the incident, they are now saying that no formal complaint has been made and it is only allegation at thsi stage so one would question the seriousness of it maybe? Thing that annoys me more as why do players put themselves in positions of compromise especially when loved ones (wifes or girlfriends) are at home, is it common practice to "play away from home"?????
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

boondock wrote:this report talks of the type of allegation. so probably best left alone until the facts come out.
Boondock, sorry to chop your post, but in light of your comment I'm sure you will understand why.

Links that include what the allegation "might be" (and it is only allegations, no charges made yet) or similar will have to be edited. Sorry.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

where did the Cips comment go?