NZ police investigate England team

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

It's not a libel minefield. I tread them every day, and this is not one.

If a news story reports fact then it is not libel.

Nothing published in the media so far has been libellous. If people on here want to avoid libel don't insinuate anything about those responsible until they are charged, brought before a court, or are announced as under investigation.

I'm a journo, and I don't believe we should be able to name the accused in rape cases anyway, but once it gets out it will be splashed over every rag in the world.

Watch the Sun and the Mirror tomorrow.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Peace Rizzo. Rightly you do as instructed and as see fit. Power to your elbow. I was merely making the cheap and nasty political point that you had not seen fit to delete my link to bbc and were unlikely to delete that to rfu.

Yet we are told it is a lebel minefield (not by you).

Of course us so called cynical fans are not thought by some to be entitled to our opinions - however substantial our evidence.

POWER TO THE FORUM!!

KEEP THE FAITH!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

as you rightly point out, Bill, some links were still there, so as to be fair to all I have removed all links on this topic.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

This really is moderating gone mad.

Removing links. ITS ON THE INTERNET, ITS PUBLIC DOMAIN.

Why not remove my post completely, as I have quoted parts of the report that are ON THE INTERNET.

:smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Hee hee - you haven't removed dailly's initial link!!!

Can we never use links again in the future?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

So i guess with what has been said about we cant talk about other link from other sites then the Fans Forum for the PUBLIC can only talk about items the club have put on the main site.

Good to see we have the great freedom of speech ripped away from us.

To add to this, If it is really the clubs wish that we can only talk about "there" news maybe they should pull there finger out of there rusty sheriff badge and tell whats going on before everybody else finds out. Or is this really just the mod's on an ego trip.

As for the post "but its okay to make insulting/insinuating comments about coaches, ex coaches, posters without them being deleted - what's going on then" Even a Blind monkey could see all the comments about Backy and Cockers being back stabbers but they still stayed, so the rule you apply are just when the mod's fell like it and have no firm base to work from as all could see by looking at a few other Topics on the list.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

No-one is being stopped from discussing issues of the day.
No player have been named and there have been some insinuating posts,(In jest or not) that have been removed.

The Club have to protect themselves against libel claims, hence the use of moderators.

The rules of the forum are there for all.
"You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit."

It may appear to be over cautious but if they were left on the forum it could lead the Club into trouble - please remember that this is the Clubs Official forum and it needs to be moderated.

In general, 99% of posts do not have any problems but there are some which are very close to the mark and are either editted or removed.

Please bear with Rizzo and myself. We are not on here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. This is done voluntarily and in our own time.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Tigerbeat

I am sure that i speak for all forum contributors when I say that we are all enormously appreciative of your and Rizzo's efforts.

That you are being asked to police a ruling that no links are acceptable is, as we have demonstrated , ridiculous. And that others should cite libel legislation as a protectionist measure is, frankly, at best ill informed at at worst stupid.

But power to all four of your elbows!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
usurp4
Tiger Cub

Post by usurp4 »

I think we have slipped down a slippery slope from the original post here. Lets just hope nothing comes out of this investigation that could damage the reputation of rugby.

I'm proud to say I am a rugby man and that there are few prima donnas in the game who have got too much money and act accordingly like some of the roundyballers.
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

Utter Rubbish

Not one company can be held libel for Somebodys point of view or choice of words on what is deemed to be a public forum, if this was the case site's like Facebook, Myspace and Bebo would be shut down on the day they start.

Also the rubbish about locking duplicate topics, this rule the mod's have need to be looked at as im am sure there has been topics to slag Andy Goode off from last year somewhere in the 169 pages of topics so why are all the new ones locked as this is the rule??

But i guess the rules just bend to suit the power mad mod's.

Oh by the way only if comments and views are total untrue or have no proof can be classed as libel.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Oh, not another of those "let's have a go at the moderators" threads. So friggin' boring.

Now some boremerchant is going to pipe up and say "iss my freemaspeech innit".

Jaysus. I have some good paint which I think I may go and watch drying.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Ahhh sense at last (I mean from bj).
Last edited by G.K on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

"I think we have slipped down a slippery slope from the original post here. Lets just hope nothing comes out of this investigation that could damage the reputation of rugby."

"I'm proud to say I am a rugby man and that there are few prima donnas in the game who have got too much money and act accordingly like some of the roundyballers."

I cant see anything coming of it yet as the reports (i would put the link up but we are not allowed) state that a male as made the point but there has been no offical complaint as of yet by the so called victim. i feel this may just blow over.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

The Moderators are right - even when they are wrong!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
usurp4
Tiger Cub

Post by usurp4 »

Big John, I hope you are right. I'm not looking forward to seeing what comes out.