Flood for No 10 !

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Flood for No 10 !

Post by mike »

Spent most of the season hoping for St Juan but Flood will be a big improvement on Goode . We need to start playing him at 10 as soon as possible in the hope that he can quickly form a decent midfield partnership with Magher. I hope we don't waste half the season messing around with him changing positions every week .
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Flood for No 10 !

Post by Chobbsy »

mike wrote:Spent most of the season hoping for St Juan but Flood will be a big improvement on Goode . We need to start playing him at 10 as soon as possible in the hope that he can quickly form a decent midfield partnership with Magher. I hope we don't waste half the season messing around with him changing positions every week .
Don't forget if he comes through the NZ tour unscathed, we will loose him for the autumn & 6N internationals
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
hughes

Post by hughes »

:smt023 Totally agree with Mike there is light at the end of the tunnel! :smt001
Do not go where the path may lead,go instead where there is no path and leave a trail for others to follow!
hoopius froodicus

Post by hoopius froodicus »

I totally agree mike. get him in there early, we have AG as his back up for the england absences. Flood can switch to 12 if needs be if Mauger is out for whatever reason, but that would be my only reason to switch his position from 10.
I know towels are too small to be togas
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

great signing and really looking forward to seeing him at 10 with harry at 9 and mauger at 12 Don't think he is quite the shoe in for the autumn internationals and 6 nations that others may think. The 10 shirt will contested by hodgson, lamb, wilkinson, and cipriani once he is fit and the 12 shirt by barkley geraghty and flutey who becomes available for england from september 1st
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

MJ Chairman wrote:great signing and really looking forward to seeing him at 10 with harry at 9 and mauger at 12 Don't think he is quite the shoe in for the autumn internationals and 6 nations that others may think. The 10 shirt will contested by hodgson, lamb, wilkinson, and cipriani once he is fit and the 12 shirt by barkley geraghty and flutey who becomes available for england from september 1st
Never mentioned him as a shoe in for the England 10 shirt, currently and recently he has been playing successfuly in the 12 shirt.
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Sorry, but what are all you guys taking?!?!?
Will be a big improvement on Goode
Utter tripe. He has fantastic potential, but doe you honestly think that he is going to rip Goode's FH shirt from his back. I think not.

It will create competition, and also give us excellent cover on the bench for 10 & 12, but he is not a "big improvement" on Goode. He is a talented player, but in the Falcons squad looks like a shining beacon of brilliance. Hopefully he will step up and grab the opportunity at Tigers with both hands.

The Goode bashing that occurs on this forum is often misinformed and completely pathetic. He has played nearly all season with a few niggling groin and leg injuries, but, he has still given everything his body would allow. ML took an immediate dislike to Humphreys (maybe the fact he couldn't tackle was a big problem), which left us with Burke (injured) and Vesty (injured).
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

sorry chobbsy was not inferring that you said that but a lot of comments have been made all over this forum that he could be a signing that we lose to england for large chunks of the season and i was just pointing out how competitive that area is going to be.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

MJ Chairman wrote:sorry chobbsy was not inferring that you said that but a lot of comments have been made all over this forum that he could be a signing that we lose to england for large chunks of the season and i was just pointing out how competitive that area is going to be.
No problem
Richjack2003

Post by Richjack2003 »

Just an opinion, but, shouldn't the coach be the one signing players up, and not the board?

Flood's quality is not in question here, but if he does not fit into Jake Whites' (for an example) plan, what happens next?
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 1966 »

After the events of the last week is everyone convinced that Goode will be around for next season.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

I think Goode will be around .... most definately as someone mentioned earlier, Paul Burke is retiring so we need a waterboy.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Terrific signing - I expect he will play at 10 with Goodey as a high-quality replacement at FH, possibly at FB too, I seem to remember him doing pretty well there a few years back.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

POSTIGER wrote:Terrific signing - I expect he will play at 10 with Goodey as a high-quality replacement at FH, possibly at FB too, I seem to remember him doing pretty well there a few years back.
You are correct he played there when King Jaco was playing
chandler262827
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chandler262827 »

I know Gordon Brown's not popular, but that's a bit out of left field, isn't it?

:smt002
---------
I'm not completely worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Tom