Ackford's Article may be closest to truth so far

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Now that is motivational and what we used to get at half time. From the captain. Corry is too nice?
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

terrier92 wrote: my coaching team

back - defence
cockerill - pack
gibson - backs
white - dirctor of rugby.
couldn't really argue with that...
Iain D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Iain D »

I don't know guys. I just remember that at the start of the season (admittedly when we had many players away on World Cup duty) we didn't look at all good. That was with the magic Cockers / Back coaching combination. I just don't have faith in either of them right now, especially after the comments made in the press and the poor form of our scrum and our defence.

I know many have slated ML for Tiger's performances, but can you honestly say that our scrummaging has improved consistenly over the year, or that our defence has got better?

Again, one can't remove the fact that it's the players that are ultimately responsible for thier performance on the day... but I just don't have confidence in Cockers or Backy right now.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I agree with Iain D.
If indeed players were trying to avoid squirming with embarrassment at Loffreda, what on earth were Cockers and Back doing about it?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Pete wrote:I agree with Iain D.
If indeed players were trying to avoid squirming with embarrassment at Loffreda, what on earth were Cockers and Back doing about it?
Whinging and going on nationwide TV to say that the players were not good enough!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

The article AGAIN draws me back to the question, "how did he get the job in the first place?" Did no one take a look at how he did things?

Oh, and if Gibson is appointed to replace Loffreda, I hope the board will be patient with him and let him find his feet. After all it took us 3 years to win something under Howard.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

westy154 wrote:The article AGAIN draws me back to the question, "how did he get the job in the first place?" Did no one take a look at how he did things?

Oh, and if Gibson is appointed to replace Loffreda, I hope the board will be patient with him and let him find his feet. After all it took us 3 years to win something under Howard.
Negative Batman. Gibson, if appointed must achieve three finals and one pot in his first season. They are the ground rules that have been set. Oh and a superb "style of play".

Else his appontment will have been another mistake and one or both of the Peters will have to go!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

I'd genuinely be really surprised if gibbo was head coach, unless we had a Director of Rugby in aswell.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

DoR = Back? Cockerill?

Who then?

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

a head coach type of figure, Jake White would be ideal - maybe Ewen McKenzie.
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 1966 »

westy154 wrote:Oh, and if Gibson is appointed to replace Loffreda, I hope the board will be patient with him and let him find his feet. After all it took us 3 years to win something under Howard.
It seems to me that the board have set the standard for what is deemed success and as such any new head coach must win something next season. Otherwise the credibility of the board will be further undermined.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

The more I think and the more I read, the less I am inclined to agree that Loffreda would still be in his post even if he had won one of the finals. (2, maybe.)
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

westy154 wrote:The more I think and the more I read, the less I am inclined to agree that Loffreda would still be in his post even if he had won one of the finals. (2, maybe.)
Exactly. I have no doubt that he would still have been fired, almost regardless of what happened in the GP final.

In retrospect, he was extremely vulnerable from the date of the EDF debacle.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

This behind the scene's pooh is going to carry on until the club face up and get rid of the problem.

We've had this behind the scene's stuff for the past three seasons, one common denominator = cockers! and he stays to fight on - fight on against the team and coach??????

why does it seem to me that this guy is like teflon - non stick....... I believe if there was a coaching clean sweep the team would be a lot happier! My view.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061