Jake White

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

NorthantsTiger

Post by NorthantsTiger »

Im of the opinion that it will be another Leicester old boy. This club does seem to have a problem with coaches/players who come from a non Leicester background. I think that for the club to evolve and develop their needs to a injection of fresh ideas and in my opinion that can only come from outside of the club.

If Tigers as a club can be seen to move away from their somewhat parochial attitude then maybe we may have more success at recruiting some of the top playing talent. Does anyone remember the Stephen Jones saga before the JMH saga? He didn't come to tigers it was said because he didnt like the attitude at the club and didn't think he could fit in with Tigers combative culture.
"In Arduis Fidelius"
YeahIknow
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by YeahIknow »

I heard it will be Gibson:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... ckf308.xml

But Back and Cockerill have to go, as they are complicit too, in the inconsistent season.

I think we overachieved getting to 2 finals. How many finals did Gloucester or Sale reach? I dont think those clubs will sack Philiph Saint-Andre or Dean Ryan.

I think there are a few issues why we underperformed:

1) The rest of the premiership got better.
2) Lack of quality players. I dont think local talent cuts it anymore, we seem to have a lot of decent 2nd team players, but we need 5 world class players. Which is the boards fault.

Tough times ahead.
cornish_tiger

Post by cornish_tiger »

I forgot the link yesterday :smt018

http://tinyurl.com/4u3sbo :smt024
BORN CORNISH
STAY CORNISH
LIVE CORNISH
DIE CORNISH
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

As I have said on other thread/s regarding Gibbo, the board if that is true are makig a big mistake.

The guy has little coaching experience and they are now throwing him into the deep end at a club that is seemingly very unstable. Can't see it working. Especially if he gets little support from those beneath him.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

g wrote:Jake White will not take the job.

Not if Cockerill and Back remain.
I Agree Jake White will probably not be the new coach, but not because he will not "take" the job. He is in talks with the club, though at what stage they are im unsure, but this surely intimates interest in the job? interest that would be rather pointless if he won the offer of Head Coach only to "not take it".
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

MurphysLaw wrote:Dailywaffle - in one post here you question whether people should wait four years for a trophy; in another you state that success should not necessarily be measured by appearances in finals.

What exactly do you think is a realistic measure of success?
Also, do you think Neil Back should be appointed Head Coach?
Perhaps I should have phrased my post better.

Silverware is (rightly) a measure of success. However, it is not the sole measure of success.

For example.
If we had beaten Wasps in the GP final I am sure that Loffreda would still have been fired. The team was going backwards last season and his coaching skills had (sadly) proved sub-standard.

Howard did not deliver success for some time, but his coaching skills were extremely highly regarded and he could reasonably point to an upwards performance curve.

I accept that measuring performance is difficult, but then it isn't always easy in business either.

As for my views on Back .... I have some doubts. But I also accept that I am not in the best position to judge.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

g wrote: Any chance she could take over and sack Messiars Tom and Wheeeler while she's at it. It's plain to see that these two aren't the sharpest pencil in the box.
Take your pick from the CEO's of any other club then, Wasps? un-profitable without a stadium, and then practically all the others have sugar daddy's in place.

The success Wheeler and Tom have brought to the club and (in Wheelers case more so i believe) to rugby as a whole is massive - So to call them "not the sharpest pencil in the box" is a bit wide of the mark.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

YeahIknow wrote:I heard it will be Gibson:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... ckf308.xml

But Back and Cockerill have to go, as they are complicit too, in the inconsistent season.

I think we overachieved getting to 2 finals. How many finals did Gloucester or Sale reach? I dont think those clubs will sack Philiph Saint-Andre or Dean Ryan.
I think that there was more to it than just not winning anything.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: A dose of reality!

Post by kornboy130 »

jgriffin wrote:Stop altering the past to fit your argument, you revisionists! The faults that were hugely written by the end of the season were present at the beginning of the season, albeit written a little smaller. The return of the WC players (not ML) seemed to magnify them a little. I'm not sure a lot of the posters actually watch the games closely.
So who are you accusing?
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

I've never been part of a professional rugby club, so I don't know how this level of player reacts to having a new coach who knows very little about the club or its players.

What I do know, as will many of the posters on this forum, is that local or amateur clubs are built on long-term relationships and understandings. The players play for each other.

I'm guessing that the Tigers players are really little different from those of our local teams. They like to support each other, especially when they think their club-mates have been unfairly treated.

I think this is what has happened in this case. Nothing that ML could have done about it, though the board should have realised this would be the likely outcome.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

My point about Jake White was he took players he knew from the U21's stuck with them and won a RWC, personally would like that to happen bring some of our obviously talented youngsters through, but I can't see the board allowing that to happen, even though the White method would be better for the long term health of the Club.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
masopa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by masopa »

kornboy130 wrote:
I Agree Jake White will probably not be the new coach, but not because he will not "take" the job. He is in talks with the club, though at what stage they are im unsure, but this surely intimates interest in the job? interest that would be rather pointless if he won the offer of Head Coach only to "not take it".
Of course he might still "not take" the job, KB...

He might (quite reasonably, perhaps, given recent events) have certain requirements and prerequisites in terms of coaching staff, backroom support staff and length of tenure etc. which turn out to be unacceptable to the Board.

So there is a scenario in which he is offered the job, but without these conditions being met, and therefore he rejects the offer. He may well still be interested at this point in time if the Board hasn't flatly refused his requests.

Of course, it's all just conjecture!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Anyone thinking that White should be our next head coach would be well advised to read the interview with his successor in ?Friday's?Saturday's? Independent.

Sorry can't be more specific, son has used newspaper for guinea pigs' bedding.
Valhalla I am coming!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Can you not give some content of what it said.

Not all users have access to the source.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk