Will Flood now still come?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Bill - neither was Fletcher at Newcastle - I was referring to in charge of running the team.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Bud

The RFU are one big joke.

I will bet my money on that he won't now join us.

Nothing has been confirmed on the Tigers website wich could suggest that Flood isn't coming and Cohen may have slipped up again.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

g wrote:Bud

The RFU are one big joke.

I will bet my money on that he won't now join us.

Nothing has been confirmed on the Tigers website wich could suggest that Flood isn't coming and Cohen may have slipped up again.
£10 to matt hampson trust... money where your mouth is...
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

MurphysLaw wrote:Bill - neither was Fletcher at Newcastle - I was referring to in charge of running the team.
MurphysLaw - fair enough!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Ok then kornboy,if I have to pay up could you or someone else tell me how I make the donation.
lizbuxton
Tiger Cub

Re: Will Flood now still come?

Post by lizbuxton »

[quote="g"]After the shananigans from the board regarding Loffreda.Will the players who still haven't been confirmed as joining us now come?

Was it Loff who wanted Flood or the Tigers mafia Back and Cockerill?[/quote : Can you justify this attack on the two mainstays along with I suspect COZZA who kept our club and especially the lads alive and kicking against all odds this season ? Obviously there is a hell of a lot to learn onall sides , but lets all stop being so negative and pull around some blooming optimism for the coming season. Stop criticising and start supporting.
vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

Is there something about sacking the coach and signing new players when the club isn't doing well for one season in English sports?

I can't believe we're doing that in Leicester, though I honestly think Flood will be a fine addition to our squad.

I'm so annoyed with the sacking of Loffreda. I really wish he could read that those of us who have common sense are behind him in Leicester.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Signed

Post by smalldell »

Flood has signed the contract to go where he is going.So if its to us he is committed...
bandido58

Post by bandido58 »

Bill W wrote:Since Tigers have not announced that he is coming he isn't coming. Wheeler agreed it but Cohen failed to dot i's and cross t's???

My understanding is that he is going to Bristol.
It looks like this one will go the same way that Nick Evans went, he was our man till someone decided to mess about with his contract then lo and behold he goes and signs for Deano - how ironic?
The board of this club is rapidly bringing itself into disrepute and if things don't alter rapidly I think we members and shareholders have to go to the AGM in November armed with a no confidence vote on the agenda.
The backwards looking stance taken in dismissing a top class coach who was given neither the time or the resources to do a proper job, together with the apparent backing of the back(stabbing)room staff, shows at least parochial incompetence and this club, my club and your club, deserves better.
once a tiger always a tiger
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

bandido58 wrote:It looks like this one will go the same way that Nick Evans went, he was our man till someone decided to mess about with his contract then lo and behold he goes and signs for Deano - how ironic?
The board of this club is rapidly bringing itself into disrepute and if things don't alter rapidly I think we members and shareholders have to go to the AGM in November armed with a no confidence vote on the agenda.
The backwards looking stance taken in dismissing a top class coach who was given neither the time or the resources to do a proper job, together with the apparent backing of the back(stabbing)room staff, shows at least parochial incompetence and this club, my club and your club, deserves better.
There is absolutely no evidence that Flood 'will go the way of Evans', Bill is just being mischievous.

Why is making a hard, clearly unpopular, but possibly correct decision promptly at the end of the season, giving both club and coach the maximum time to readjust, 'bringing the board into disrepute' ?

I'm also interested to hear what a vote of no confidence would achieve. What, exactly, would the point of such a motion be?
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

he is coming
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

pogue3 wrote:he is coming
I'm sure he is. I really have no idea why people think he isn't.
bandido58

Post by bandido58 »

dailywaffle wrote:
pogue3 wrote:he is coming
I'm sure he is. I really have no idea why people think he isn't.
Daily; 'why people think he isn't is beacause the story broke 5 weeks ago and pen has still not been put to paper.
If he is coming why weren't the deatils sortd whilst he was still in the country, surely if he is that keen and we are that keen the negotiations should have been straightforward. He is Leaving Newcastle because of their treatment of his respected coach, presumably he respected Marcello and has he been treated any differently to Fletcher? My money says no he hasn't so the 'goalposts have been moved'Thats why he may not come.
once a tiger always a tiger
Easty

Post by Easty »

IF the deal with Flood has been 'signed' & 'Sealed' for sometime (T/Flood interview), what possible reason is there for not announcing it?

The season has finished therefore neither Tigers or Newcastle could have any adverse effect,

The new deal sponsorship has been announced,

Surely it couldn't be because he's playing for England, perhaps the AB's will pick on him a bit more if he's a tiger

Oh no, sorry.......it's obvious, it's because we haven't released the new away shirt. Please, 'get real' there is absolutely no way a signing of this magnitude would be held for that, it could be announced & we just don't get our first pic of him till it is released.

So, the challenge to all those who says "He's definitely coming" give me one 'GOOD' reason (player / team or business) why it hasn't been announced.

Daily ~ as for a board acting direputably, I know what your saying, but they should be responsible (and more respectful) to the members & shareholders and realease a 'proper' statement, giving the full reasons and 'details' of the sacking to support this very 'difficult' decision they've taken
DCATsOLDMAN

Post by DCATsOLDMAN »

Today's Merc seems to be certain on Flood AND Woods:

http://tinyurl.com/6nwxu9

"They have made five signings, French scrum-half Julien Dupuy, Newcastle fly-half Toby Flood and open-side Ben Woods, Kiwi back-rower Craig Newby and Argentinian prop Santiago Bonorino."