A demonstration of our disgust - Saturday 14th June 3PM

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

smithmas

A demonstration of our disgust - Saturday 14th June 3PM

Post by smithmas »

Anyone up for it - there is lots of sympathy for ML and disgust at the board for the way that they have behaved against the fans and more importantly ML in the threads on the site.

Who would come to Welford Road on Saturday 14th 3PM to meet with Peter Tom and air the views of the fans - it is the fans that make a club..
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

I'm in!
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Get real- it is not an emotional decision by the board but a pure business decision. Take the emotion out of this.

I agree ML is probably a nice chap but that was the problem. He should have either taken the job and insisted that he bought in his own coaches - which probably was not practicle half way through the season. More likely he should hae gone to the board early in his reign and told tem he could not do the job with the current coaching staff.

Not the actions of a 'nice man' but one who is focused on getting a job done.

The board need a wholesale change in the backroom and the sooner they can get the right person on board the better - Jake White?
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

bc wrote:Get real- it is not an emotional decision by the board but a pure business decision. Take the emotion out of this.
Quite right.
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

Then as a purely business decision, losing the respect of your supporters doesn't strike me as a particularly smart one.
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

No amount of protests will bring him back.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

SabreTooth wrote:Then as a purely business decision, losing the respect of your supporters doesn't strike me as a particularly smart one.
Maybe that depends on whether or not the board or the supporters are better qualified to make a decision on who next season's head coach should be.
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

dailywaffle wrote:
SabreTooth wrote:Then as a purely business decision, losing the respect of your supporters doesn't strike me as a particularly smart one.
Maybe that depends on whether or not the board or the supporters are better qualified to make a decision on who next season's head coach should be.
I guess we should just sit down, shut up, payroll the board and do as we're told. :smt009
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

No, I just think people should be more objective and less emotional.
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

SabreTooth wrote:I guess we should just sit down, shut up, payroll the board and do as we're told. :smt009
Haha I was just thinking the same thing. Season tickets are already paid for!
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
BSimkin
Tiger Cub

Post by BSimkin »

Protests will not bring him back, but the board should be made aware of the feelings of the majority of fans regarding this decision.

Look at other threads there is not a lot of support for the clubs decision. I have never seen so many replies to a topic in such a short space of time.

Protest then move on. We don't want to encouage this behavior, success might not come easily, do we want 4 managers in a season like City?
BRCS
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

One question I would ask is who (from Tigers) you actually think will be at the club at 3pm on Saturday 14th of June?

It's a Saturday.

In the close-season.

You do know that the Board of Directors don't live at the club don't you?

Feel free to go along but I have a feeling that you will (literally) be talking to a brick wall if you do.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

BSimkin wrote:Protests will not bring him back, but the board should be made aware of the feelings of the majority of fans regarding this decision.
Write numerous and vociferous letters to the members of the board and send them to the club. That would be more effective.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

It's just about making a statement. I don't actually expect to speak to anyone on the board.
Iain D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Iain D »

Typical :censored: British response... just accept it knowing that we can't bring him back.

Total B*****it! (sorry mods)

There comes a point where just taking one on the chin in time honoured fashion just doesn't cut it. I don't believe that the boards decision is honourable or dignified, and therefore it doesn't deserve an honourable or dignified response.

I have never been one to complain, write to points of view, my MP or even make disgruntled mumblings. But the action take by the board has really pi**ed me off. It stinks of complacency <sp?> they know the fans will be back next year so why bother listening.

This to me is the last straw. Poor communications is one thing... (injuries, transfers, signings etc). But this just takes the biscuit.

So yes, after 25 years of Tigers, both as a junior player and a supporter.. I just can't stand by idly and let it happen. We're better than this. I care too much about this club than to just sit back and say c'est la vie. I have lost confidence in our board, and feel that we have not only done leicester a disservice, but rugby as a whole.