A demonstration of our disgust - Saturday 14th June 3PM

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I'll vote for you Westwinds - providing you hang Cocky and Backy from the yard arm - that or the cat o nine tails!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The club is all at sea !
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Up creek without paddle!!!

Splice the mainbrace!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
scouse tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scouse tiger »

Where is Fletcher Christian when you need him?
My Wild Oats Have turned to Shredded Wheat
gman

Post by gman »

disgusted_tiger wrote:Why sack a manager who takes the club from nothingness in to near glory twice
Remember how close we were to finishing 7th. You must admit things didn't look right.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

scouse tiger wrote:Where is Fletcher Christian when you need him?
Off with the sultry maidens!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
bulko-tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by bulko-tiger »

i think that we should accept this decision. there have been rumours of trouble behind the scenes and this could be the reason for his sacking. i dont no wot is going on behind the scenes and the board is much better placed to make the decision. i have full faith that they made the correct decision fro their point of view. There cannot be many people with more contact with the players and coaches than the boardso they are surely best placed to make the decision and i am sure they have made the best decision as they see.

We might not necerssarily agree but there could be things they no we dont so i think we should all trust the board in there decision making
super danny hipkiss

LFC CCFC WCCC
NorthantsTiger

Post by NorthantsTiger »

Im in :smt001 If nothing else it will show the strength of feeling that many who support the club have about the situation. It always annoys me that fans are the ones who pay for the club, bankroll its decison making process and have no say in the matter. The board should act for the fans in trust, to do what they believe is in the best interest of the club. when situations like this arrive they should make the reasoning behind their decisions known so the fans can make up their own minds.

It is another sign that rugby is following the football model 'shut up and pay up'

:smt013
"In Arduis Fidelius"
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: A demonstration of our disgust - Saturday 14th June 3PM

Post by Bunchy »

smithmas wrote:Anyone up for it - there is lots of sympathy for ML and disgust at the board for the way that they have behaved against the fans and more importantly ML in the threads on the site.

Who would come to Welford Road on Saturday 14th 3PM to meet with Peter Tom and air the views of the fans - it is the fans that make a club..

Madness ....... what are you basing your disgust on? What facts do you have that the board have made the wrong call ?
Answer = none- this is a poorly thought out emotional rant.
Less is more....
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Madness ....... what are you basing your disgust on? What facts do you have that the board have made the wrong call ?
Answer = none- this is a poorly thought out emotional rant.

Completely agree Bunchy. There is some absolute rubbish being written on this subject by people who assume they know the facts but in fact know nothing.I would back the board every time agains this emotional tripe.[quote][/quote]
A life long Tiger
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

So you think so many on this board have got it wrong, given Cockers comments earlier in the season? Given also rumours about other certain people not supposedly standing by ML? Player dissatisfaction? Stand corrected if wrong, but I feel the majority are getting it right.

I am afraid the likes of yourself may one day have to see what is actually happening, and it may well not be as rosy as you seem to think, and this board may not be as competent and brilliant as you might think. You may well find things aren't as pleasant in Tigerland as you might feel.
CharlesStuart
Top Cat
Top Cat

DECISIONS TAKEN BEHIND SCENES, QUITE NOBLE NO?

Post by CharlesStuart »

bulko-tiger wrote:i think that we should accept this decision. there have been rumours of trouble behind the scenes and this could be the reason for his sacking. i dont no wot is going on behind the scenes and the board is much better placed to make the decision. i have full faith that they made the correct decision fro their point of view. There cannot be many people with more contact with the players and coaches than the boardso they are surely best placed to make the decision and i am sure they have made the best decision as they see.

We might not necerssarily agree but there could be things they no we dont so i think we should all trust the board in there decision making
“I think that we should accept this decision. There have been rumours of trouble behind the scenes and this could be the reason for his sacking. I don’t no "wot" what is going on behind the scenes and the board is much better placed to make the decision. I have full faith that they made the correct decision fro their point of view. There cannot be many people with more contact with the players and coaches than the board so they are surely best placed to make the decision and I am sure they have made the best decision as they see”.

“We might not necessarily agree but there could be things they no we don’t so I think we should all trust the board in there decision making”

So in your opinion all fans and members should accept naively a decision taken in secrecy and you only know that there are “rumours of trouble behind the scenes and this could be the reason for his sacking”. Are you kidding us? Is this a bad joke? You are justifying a decision taken in the darkness or behind scenes, which is the same. Do you imagine, which is the cost of this decision? How many hundreds of thousands of British Pounds, but worst there was no a serious explanation, the same guys who considered Marcelo the best head coach seven months ago, and after being finalist in two tournaments in spite that the problems with players and staff started long time before Loffreda had been appointed in first place. Do you imagine that someone like Jake White will accept now the position of HC, forget it, he or anyone of the same level will never accept anything coming from this board, which had giving up the true spirit of rugby, which means solidarity, friendship, camaraderie, loyal to the whole club, but first and foremost to the Club and its integrity.
The shareholders and the club should remove them when you have your first meeting, they don’t deserve to be in the board. What about fair play, honour, is money much more important than honour and dignity, I doubt it. This misdemeanour will be a boomerang for Board,, with a high degree of contempt and disdain for Marcelo’s colloquial English (which he had improve a lot), they were rude, misserable and ill mannered in all ways possible. Mick Cleary during an interview he said that he didn’t understand the real reasons why ML was sacked in such shameful way, the “same man who recovered with Pumas the lost spirit of rugby" (published at the Daily Telegraph). So my friend go back to you’re unbelievable information coming from rumours, gossips, chitchats and always behind the scenes, shame on people who acts in such ignoble way. The board and the rest. :smt013 :smt011 :smt019
When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Please calm down Charles, it is understandable that you are upset and incensed, but that last post is a bit beyond what is acceptable on this forum. Other users are entitled to express their opinions even if you and others may disagree with them.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
CharlesStuart
Top Cat
Top Cat

MY FRIEND RIZZO

Post by CharlesStuart »

My good friend Rizzo I am not repented at all about what I said, sometimes the truth may upset somebody, but you cannot change it. Many of us here in Argentina with close ties to rugby and with a great empathy to the English one, simply we cannot believe what happened with Marcelo, is so outrageous. Nevertheless, because I have a great deal of respect for you my good friend Rizzo and to most members of this forum, I will never write anything again in relation with this shameful sacking. Wishing you all the best and I hope that JMH in spite of all these problems and events will be able to join The Tigers next year, if he forgets and forgives what they had done to his friend. Thanks again dear Rizzo.

:smt023 :smt010
When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Charles - this is your signature

Maybe we should all think about these wise words of yours.