Well done the board and guess whos in line for the job?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

NorthantsTiger

Post by NorthantsTiger »

Has anyone read today's article in the telegraph? Perhaps General Lee was right and some of the more 'verbose' board members owe him an apology?
"In Arduis Fidelius"
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Well said Charles Stuart, never truer words spoken. You are spot on there in your arguments.

Regarding the board, they are now trying to convince us that Cockers and Back had nothing to do with MLs departure,. In Dad's Army terms, Who do they think they are kidding. Do they really think we are all stupid?

And no doubt as G has said, they will fudge the issue and have Cockers as head coach and Backy second in charge. God help us. We will be seen as even more of a laughing stock by others.

And they expect people to believe we are not like a football club, but say we will act if we don't get success. Again, who do they they are kidding.
:smt013 :smt013

Can't we get this board out, before it is too late and they drag this club even further into the mire?
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Northants Tiger, If the Telegraph are right about Gibbo, it is only because the board cannot seemingly get anyone else more experienced to come and any top coach wouldn't touch us with a barge pole, most likely.

Stand corrected some maybe, including myself, but the guy hasn't really got enough experience to be a head coach at this time. He should be doing like Mike Catt and getting further experience.

It isn't such a good thing IMO.
NorthantsTiger

Post by NorthantsTiger »

Probably agree with you there mate :smt022
"In Arduis Fidelius"
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 441634.stm
this article on the bbc website says they are hoping to have made a decision regarding who will be the head coach by two on friday or monday
some interesting quotes:
Current forwards coach Richard Cockerill and defence coach Neil Back are also said to be in the frame for the role of head coach, while Austin Healey has been linked with the job of backs coach.

from tom:
"We have had approaches by agents from some interesting countries around the world, mainly in the southern hemisphere, and some of those will be interviewed in the next two weeks"
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

When GE selected a new CEO (replacing Jack Welch) there were three candidates (all internal). Prior to the selection process it was made clear to all candidates that the two failing would be fired (on very generous severance terms).
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Iain D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Iain D »

General Lee must be Pierre, the famous French fighter pilot.

Charles, thanks for your post and I agree wholeheartedly that the handling of the whole thing is a shambles regardless of any reasoning behind it.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

g wrote: Yet another outsider to be stabbed in the "back" by? well I won't name names as they may get shirty with me and do me for slander.
or it could just be an outsider who is respected by the other coaches and players for his competence.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Iain D wrote:General Lee must be Pierre, the famous French fighter pilot.

Charles, thanks for your post and I agree wholeheartedly that the handling of the whole thing is a shambles regardless of any reasoning behind it.
Would that be Peirre Maginot?

Charles, the vast majority of us are shocked. Not merely by the event but by the manner of it.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Iain D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Iain D »

Not sure about Maginot..

I was thinking more:

http://tiny.cc/oPEfG
Mr P
Top Cat
Top Cat
Location: Roade. (yes its Northampton!!!) Tiger through and through!!

Post by Mr P »

There have been a few "I heard it from a friend of friend who once new a friend of............." type quotes. However, I have a very relaible source who is in touch with a number of current players, the story appears to that Backy has the head role with Cockers and a certain Mr Gibson as coaches.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Mr P. I don't have any friends who know someone's dad that used to know..... bla bla bla but I have pretty much come to the same conclusion based on the facts I do know and analysis of the rest.

So it looks like:

Head Honcho: Neil Back
Forwards Coach: Richard Cockerill
Backs Coach: Daryl Gibson

Any bets or views on this?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
generallee

Post by generallee »

If Neil Back is coach I will cancel my season ticket